New Club and Field in Pennsylvania!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Mechanicsburg, PA

Central Pennsylvania Rocketeers, a new rocket club with NAR Section status pending, announced today that they have procured a new flying field on the grounds of the Penn Township Fire Company property located in Newville, PA. The 180 acres of property has approximately 100 acres planted in grass, 60 acres planted in crops and 20 acres covered by buildings and parking areas. C.P.R. President Tom Ha stated that the new club would be opening up access to any NAR section that wants to fly there, whether for sport or competition events. Tom went on to state, "This new field will allow us to support thousands of local Boy Scouts working on their Space Exploration merit badge, as well as other local groups such as the 4-H and Civil Air Patrol. We are glad to have this opportunity and want to thank the Fire Company for supporting us." Monthly sport launches will be held, with dates to be announced through area hobby shops and publications.

Central Pennsylvania Rocketeers supports model rocketry in the greater Harrisburg/West Shore/Carlisle area. C.P.R. promotes rocketry as a safe, fun way to provide educational experiences to kids of all ages. See the National Association of Rocketry

for further information.

Reply to
Tom Ha

Great job! And on friday nights people can take in the greatest dirt track in the country at William's Grove! Or visit Gettysburg's Battlefields just 15 miles down the road.......great location for flyin'

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Good job!! What's the max impulse for the field?

Phil Ste>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Congratulations on getting the field (& starting the new club), Tom. I'm eager to schlep up to PA to try it out. Let us know when the next launch is. -- Richard "could be nice" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

I agree. Now reply to some of the posts in the thread with your name on it.

I have a suggestion. For once reply to MY posts and please be so kind as to do so with substance.

Thank you in advance.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

very nice, mind if i steal some of this wordsmithing for our club?

Reply to
tater schuld

So far, "G". :)

Later, maybe more. We'll have to see how it goes, and make sure we get the Fire Company over it's jitters. Then maybe we'll open it up to more.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Ha

Not at all. I did it myself. :)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Ha

You should at least be able to get it up to FAA exempt (113g 240H) with no problem.

Beyond that there are really no local restrictions preventing HPR so long as the items being operated are recoverable aeromodels.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Agree but, I would want to abide by their wishes. Also it's a NAR club so they would know how their field fits within those limitations.

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

And does IEAS have liability insurance for the same low rate as the NAR? And does it support sport rocketry? Does it have the cachet and name of a group that is known for it's support for rocketry?

Besides, as was pointed out, the issue here is not field limitations nor what club... its' the wishes of the club President right now, and what he says, goes! :)

I really don't want anyone rocking the boat and going for HPR when we are supposed to be focused on assisting Scouts and such, who cannot legally own an HPR motor! When the time comes that we are comfortable with the field size and prevailing winds, and are not under the scrutiny of the Fire Company for any little issue, THEN we'll see about HPR. Until then, we'll fly what we can and be glad to be able to do it!

I can always travel to METRA or NEPRA if I wanna see HPR! :)

Tom Ha

Reply to
Tom Ha

IEAS has weenie envy. 8-)

Phil

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yes. Approximately.

Yes.

Probably better than NAR at this pont since any objective analysis shows NAR to be anti-rocket.

RSO is GOD is a truism.

See RSO is GOD.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The National Association of Rocketry has granted Central Pennsylvania Rocketeers a Section Charter for Section #659, with insurance for the Fire Company arriving just one day after the Charter. With these documents in hand, C.P.R. is ready to move forward with plans to schedule launches and provide support for local groups in their rocketry hobbies.

See my other post under "Rocketry Open House".

Tom "responding to his own post" Ha President, C.P.R. NAR Section #659

Reply to
Tom Ha

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Mechanicsburg, PA

Central Pennsylvania Rocketeers (C.P.R.), NAR Section #659, announced today that they will be sponsoring a Rocketry Open House at J&B Hobbies in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania on November 1st, 2003 during store hours of 10am to 4pm. The Open House will provide area rocketeers a place to buy rockets, make rockets and learn about more about rockets and rocketry. The Open House will feature an all-day build session with everything needed to build and decorate rockets (including a Badminton Birdie rocket!) provided free-of-charge by C.P.R. A display of rockets and rocket engines will also be on hand.

The all-day Open House will be followed two weeks later by a launch held at the Newville flying field on November 15th, 2003. Directions to the launch and information about Central Pennsylvania Rocketeers will be provided during the Open House, or can be picked up from J&B Hobbies anytime after November 1st. For directions and information about J&B Hobbies, visit them at

at their store, located at 20 West Allen Street in Mechanicsburg, PA. or by calling them at 717-766-0709.

Central Pennsylvania Rocketeers supports model rocketry in the greater Harrisburg/West Shore/Carlisle area. C.P.R. promotes rocketry as a safe, fun way to provide educational experiences to kids of all ages. See the National Association of Rocketry

for further information, or contact Tom Ha at snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net .

"Flying Rockets? C.P.R. can help!!"

Reply to
Tom Ha