OT. John Ritter and Johnny Cash both gone in one day

How unfair can it get. Two great guys, Ritter and Cash die while M and M, R Kelly, Busta Rhymes, Jarule and Snoop Dog live on. Devo had it right, Western Civilization is sliding into the abyss.

Reply to
Reece Talley

At least, before Johnny Cash passed on he showed the punks at Nine Inch Nails how to do a song........his cover of 'Hurt' blew NIN away, it was a piece of art......NIN's version was an ameteur effort......

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Dogg.

Brant.

Stine.

Mr. MXYZPTLK.

-Shread Vector NRA #1 Paramount Leader

(Actually, Mr. Dogg lives in the gated community in my city. I have yet to run into him or his posse at Ralph's Supermarket (our local Kroger brand), but several folks I know have flown him into or out of the local airport and driven him home).

Now for the serious reply. Johnny Cash knew his time was short and he and his family had prepared the best they could. Death still sucks.

John Ritter was a total shock. As good as his comedy was, I really appreciated his dramatic acting.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Cash was predictible. It was his time. Ritter died of a heart condition he shared with his father who himself died 10 years ago. Just goes to show you that making $100,000 a week does not guarantee you will get even normal heart check-ups. He died of an "undiagnosed heart condition".

His show 8 simple rules is among the most heavily promoted on the ABC rotation. It will be interesting to see if he is replaced or the show cancelled.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Give Cash credit. He not only had a career where he outsold the Beetles, but lasted longer than about anybody and in his dying breath he was thanking people for music awards.

Owner of Walk the line on vinyl.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Tex Ritter, John.s father was already big in Country music when Johnny Cash was starting.

Tex and John Ritter have their stars on the Hollywood walk of fame right next to each other.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"Fred Shecter" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.boeing.com:

His role in Sling Blade is just beyond belief.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Boy did he ever do a great job on Hurt!!!

But lets not be bashing NiN/Trent. It is common fact that Trent is a huge fan of Mr. Cash(who isn't?). As a matter of fact it is my understanding that Trent and Cash recordered a duet together. BTW, Trent wrote Hurt to descibe his feelings about his addictions.

Going to miss Johnny big time :(

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Reply to
moonglow

Chuck RudyThe video was a work of art.

I was very impressed. Even though there were no rockets in it.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I seem to remember John Ritter had a movie called 'Americathon' which poked fun at the government, which was so much in debt they had to hold a telethon to keep the country going. I don't know that the movie ever saw the light of day. Was it squashed by the government? Was it so bad it couldn't be released? Were the producer paid not to show the movie?

Anyone out there with the answers?

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

J Tex Ritter, John.s father was already big in Country music when Johnny Cash was starting.Tex and John Ritter have their stars on the Hollywood walk of fame right next to each other.JerryI seem to remember John Ritter had a movie called 'Americathon' which poked fun at the government, which was so much in debt they had to hold a telethon to keep the country going. I don't know that the movie ever saw the light of day. Was it squashed by the government? Was it so bad it couldn't be released? Were the producer paid not to show the movie?

Anyone out there with the answers?

Chuck

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I seem to remember John Ritter had a movie called 'Americathon' which poked fun at the government, which was so much in debt they had to hold a telethon to keep the country going. I don't know that the movie ever saw the light of day. Was it squashed by the government? Was it so bad it couldn't be released? Were the producer paid not to show the movie?

Anyone out there with the answers?

Always go to the source

the listing for Americathon
Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Canino

70% of movies made are either never released or are released for 4 weeks or less in boutique theatres in NY and LA.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I see dead people.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bruce

Great resource, thanx!

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I saw it on T.V. several years ago. John Ritter played president Chet Rosevelt (sp). The country was deep in hock to a Native American athletic shoe company. Harvey Korman played the telethon M.C., who insisted on a large suitcase full of drugs as part of his payment. Not out and out hilarious, but fairly amusing and weird enough to stay interesting. Both John and Johnny will be missed, but on the whole, I'll miss Johnny more.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Can't let it get you down, you gotta whip it!

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Gotta love a country where a near illiterate can succeed in a business that is allegedly about word.

Devo had EVERYTHING right.

Brett "Mr. DNA" Buck

Reply to
Brett Buck