Descon12.... GO!

Website is up-n-live:

Okay, the voting for the theme was interestingly close and therefore those few that thought they were "being difficult" actually helped quite a bit.

Yes, the mandate is: "Comedy Sci-Fi Multiple MicroMaxx Grissom Kitbash"

There will be Mission Points:

0.15 Mission Points for using MicroMaxx* 0.15 Mission Points for using Multiple Motors (Cluster) 0.15 Mission Points for modeling a "Comedy Sci-Fi Ship" 0.15 Mission Points for "kitbashing" a FlisKits Grissom** 0.40 Bonus Mission Points for using utilizing all (4) above.

So, to get a full Mission Point, your rocket would have to be a "kitbashed" Grissom into a "Comedy Sci-Fi Ship" flying on a cluster of MicroMaxx Motors!

  • Links to online stores with MicroMaxx Motors (coming soon)
** see part specifics for a High Power Version (coming soon) ** Jim Flis will outline how to get his "special" Grissom package (see previous thread)

The contest will run from 9/15/03 - 12/15/03

Regards, Nick

Reply to
EMRR

This should be interesting. Gotta go and give myself plenty of headaches figuring out what to build.

P.S. anyone got any Advil

Reply to
zak orion

I'd say don't bother Zak, Cause you aint gettin that hybrid system they are offer for prizes

I AM!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Reply to
Tater Schuld

in my best Starvin' Marvin voice:

SWWEEEEEEEEEEEETT!!!!

Reply to
IceAge

Wow! Micro mission points, even.

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398 Secretary, ICBM - Tripoli SC Secretary, ROSCO - NAR section 648

Reply to
Eric Benner

Does any one stage have 2 or more motors?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

before we start building (jim, those kits ready?) I think a coupla rules need to be put in print.

Glue should be used for bonding parts ONLY. using glue for casting parts (i.e. resin casting) is forbidden

ALL parts in the bagged kit, INCLUDING the bag are allowed. the SHIPPING container is not(not everyone will get mailed the same box)

aside from that, I think i can whip up something better than starbug 1 or 2.

Reply to
tater schuld

I am not entering so you can ignore me, but why would you not encourage that much extra work for very little benefit except cool factor?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How about Fill n' Finish for smooth transitions to create that retro look?

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Why?

Reply to
RayDunakin

O.k., what I need to know is HOW do you cluster MMX's?

I think dissecting aphids would be easier.

Reply to
BB

dissecting aphids with a spoon woudl be easier.

Reply to
tater schuld

Darned if I know. I was just curious.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Sure!

Only if ALL MicroMaxx motors are used.

I have updated the FAQ with this information.

Nick

Reply to
EMRR

Hmmm, let's see what the rmr folks say.... the voting could take care of that as we describe the "spirit" of the contest.

Agreed!

Reply to
EMRR

Jim, has sent me priliminary ordering instructions, he is just taking care of one thing so that the discount thingy works.... They should be posted on the rmrdescon.com site by Monday.

Nick

Reply to
EMRR

I see your point but I can't ever remember a Descon where anything was specifically forbidden.

Let's remember first and foremost that the competition is for fun.

Also note, that you don't need to use the FlisKit at all if you don't want to. You can make a MMX cluster comedy sci fi ship and still get 0.45 mission points.

In the past, as I think it should be now, issues like this should be left to general concensus (sp?) of r.m.r.

So, what do you all think of the proposal to limit the Kit bash mission sub-points to kit and package materials?

nOrM

Reply to
Norman Dziedzic Jr

I'll field this one for Nick...

I can't see any reason why you *shouldn't* be able to use either the

*special* kit or the regular producti>Are we going to be able to use either the special kit or the regular >production kit???
Reply to
Jim Flis

It's true, I used my Cover Art card as a Fin-Cone for Descon 10:

So, 15% to get the kit without, normal price to get the extra building material, eh?

Nick

Reply to
EMRR
15% off to get the kit without Normal price to get the extra building material

Both qualify.

Thoughts?

Nick

Reply to