cutting bt-05

i need to cut bt-5 in half lengthwise. any suuggestions?

Reply to
tater schuld

A piece of angle iron to draw straight lines 180 degrees apart, and a very sharp knife and a steady hand.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

  1. Angle Iron
  2. Sharp X-acto knife
  3. Optional masking tape to prevent severe mistakes.

  1. is the trick

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

In addition to the previous suggestions, use a dowel or spent (or new) BT-5 motors inseted in BT to prevent crushing tube during cut. -- Richard....Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

"tater schuld" wrote in news:vm2k9rc5jop9f4 @corp.supernews.com:

Use a knife?

Seriously. use the t-bar or door frame technique to mark the two sides, then use a long skinny pair of scissors.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

I can't recall where I saw it, but I do recall someone, either in a magazine, newsletter, web page, or whatever describing a body tube splitter they built. IIRC it used a band saw, and had some sort of follower piece behind the blade to keep the tube from rotating.

Any one else remember where this was?

Bob Kaplow