not really totally OT --- Johnny Cash and why I want a new pressure washer - help me out here

so, I'm using this old pressure washer to clean my driveway after cleaning an engine, and some folks come walking by on the sidewalk - so I let up on
the trigger to let them pass unmisted. (here comes the Johnny cash part), and I hear a strange sound from the pressure washer - I look back and at it's rear is a RING OF FIRE.... (yeah, I fell into a burning .... and the circuit breaker blew) - so I figured that was my cue to stop.
I took the thing apart, it was the starter switch that was doing the ring of fire thing - after messing around and cleaning it a little to remove the burned phenolic that was sustaing it arc, it now doesn't do it any more. But (here's where you guys can help), I really feel the urge to get a new pressure washer, so I will give this one (which now works, for a while anyway) to someone who will promise that when it fails it will turn into scrap metal and not go into the dump - if you are such a person, you can contact me below - the unit is on the west side of Los Angeles....
And, if you have a decent washer you want to sell me at a good price, you can also contact me - I can get a new one from Pep Boys for $135, but what the heck....the old one sure made a pretty sight.
metal content - it's made of metal, and it is used to clean metal, and when you scrap it, it is just metal, and ....
--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:44:12 -0500, "David Courtney"

The one I use.
http://www.hotsy.com/
Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."
"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion). -Buddy Jordan 2001

I have an old commercial pressure washer I bought for $75 a few years back. It cost me another $125 to get it running, but it has worked flawlessly for 15 years! It has a real 5HP motor and a real Cat pump. Hell, the pressure unloader costs more than most people pay for a pressure washer at the BORG! Back when I bought it dealer price on the same machine was $1700!! Greg
This is one of those things where size does matter. You can get a 1/2 HP electric PW that might generate, say, 2000 psi. But the GPM will be very low and it will take you FOREVER to do anything but trivial cleaning. I have a 5 HP gas engine and a Karcher pump that does a very nice job. I would not consider anything less than 5 HP gas if I were replacing this one.
My $.02, Bob