Press Release, HellFire 9

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Imagine a place so flat and so desolate that you can see the curvature of the Earth. Insert close to a hundred High Power Rocketry enthusiasts, a crowd of several hundred more, and you have the makings of another fantastic Hellfire High Power Rocket Launch.

Hellfire 9 is sponsored by the Utah Rocket Club (UROC) and will be held this year on September 5th, 6th, and 7th on the Bonneville Salt Flats. Launching begins daily at 8 a.m. and based on input from previous year's attendees will continue into the night on both Friday and Saturday.

Based on the success of last year's event, HellFire 9 will feature an experimental (EX) day on Monday, September 8th. The EX launch will feature projects by our own amateur rocketeers who will use this opportunity to test previously unproven designs and propellants.

SOME FAST FACTS:

Our good friend Ernie Vigil will once again be providing his delicious food and drinks on Friday and Saturday.

Motor vendors will be on site. Vendors for Aerotech, Cesaroni, and Animal Motor Works have committed to being on site during this event. Please check the sponsors list on our website for more information. (Most motor vendors will require you to pre-order your motors)

UROC has secured an FAA waiver that provides airspace to 25,000 feet AGL.

Port-a-potties will be available for public use.

The launch site is located on the Bonneville Salt Flats. Travel west on I-80 from Salt Lake City. Turn north on Exit 4 just before the Utah/Nevada state line. Follow the directions to the Bonneville Raceway. UROC will have signs and traffic cones indicating where the exact launch site is.

The launch will take place weather permitting. At times, heavy rains earlier in the month can cause standing water on the salt. The planning committee will travel to the site early and determine if there is a problem with the site. If there is standing water or other unsafe conditions on the salt then the launch will be set up at the alternate site which is accessible via the same roads. Just follow the signs when traveling out.

For more information and updates, check out our website at

Join us for a spectacular weekend of High Power excitement!!

Reply to
Neal Baker

So is this an indy launch (all motors welcome) or a certified motor only launch? And convoluted TRA-EX rules of course.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The first three days of the launch are run as an NAR launch so all motors must be certified and NAR regulations are followed. The Experimental launch on the 8th is run under our Tripoli Utah prefecture and all Tripoli Experimental Launch rules apply.

Neal

Reply to
Neal Baker