Re: Anodizing Services

Thomasregister.com
Thanks for the obvious answer Jerry.
Yes, I know about the Thomas register.

If you haven't, I suggest looking under 'metal finishers'
New Jersey lists 63
Metal finishers are a fairly close knit community in my experience, call a few and one can probably recommend a good match for your situation.
online yellow pages for Philadelphia lists:
AECO Inc 4923 Arendell Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114 (215) 335-2974 map | driving directions

Cerini J P Technologies
4600 North Fairhill St, Philadelphia, PA 19140
I do my own at home and it works. see http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize99.html for info on how to.
Mark

Wow! wish I'd seen that before I ordered the JMI focuser for my dob. Colors! Bill Bahus
Steve, I used these guys. They did a good job for me.
In Philadelphia, PA.
http://www.hillockanodizing.com /
Todd Moore

snipped-for-privacy@gtlakes.com (Todd Moore) wrote in message

I'm fortunate to have a choice of quite-reasonable anodizing shops that are between me and my day job.
But there are a couple of small anodizing shops on the web--you send 'em stuff, they return it in one of a variety of pleasing colours.
I can't find it right now, but there's an online anodzing house that specializes in funky colours and splash anodizing for the home bicycle builder. Also, the amateur telescope guys usually have a good lead or two for this--main telescope tubes and focusser tubes they like to get anodized black.
To Anyone in RMR land
I received a solicitation from this group yesterday. Who are they? I never heard of them before.
Hey Fred Shecter how's the spelling?
Geezer

http://www.nss.org/about/index.html
Neato article and link for a proposed Space Elevator. Dunno, seems like there's a few details to be worked out yet, but hey, why not? $10B ain't that much...
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
writes:

If it really is National and not Nation, then this is them. They've been around for quite a while. I'm trying to recall the predecessor of the NSS, (NSI? I was a member of them since NARAM-18 when they sent us a speaker) but they merged with the L5 society a long time ago, forming NSS.
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in message
writes:

The NSS has been supporting us, see http://www.space-rockets.com/arsanews.html#nss . Please consider reciprocating.
Derf

Hmm, "founded in 1974 by Wernher von Braun". Impressive.
But everybody knows what NSS REALLY stands for...right? That would be the National Speleological Society. Founded in 1941 by Bill Stephenson.
http://www.caves.org /
I operate a anodizing shop.
Anacote Corporation 45-12 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 718-361-1740 718-392-1842 fax snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com
Capability up to 10' Long We do all jobs big & small
You may not want to go all out for just one piece, but this is interesting reading nevertheless:
http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize99.html