Re: Anodizing Services

Hello,

> > Anyone know where I caould get some motor casings anodized in the > Philadelphia/New Jersey area at a decent cost?

Thomasregister.com

> Yes, I have already checked the Yellow Pages. > > Thanks for any leads you can provide! > > Mail order sources appreciated also. > > Steve Decker > >
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Thanks for the obvious answer Jerry.

Yes, I know about the Thomas register.

Reply to
Steve Decker

If you haven't, I suggest looking under 'metal finishers'

New Jersey lists 63

Metal finishers are a fairly close knit community in my experience, call a few and one can probably recommend a good match for your situation.

online yellow pages for Philadelphia lists:

AECO Inc

4923 Arendell Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114 (215) 335-2974 map | driving directions

Bruce OBrien

I do my own at home and it works. see

for info on how to.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Clark

Wow! wish I'd seen that before I ordered the JMI focuser for my dob. Colors! Bill Bahus

Reply to
Bill Bahus

Steve, I used these guys. They did a good job for me.

In Philadelphia, PA.

Todd Moore

Reply to
Todd Moore

I'm fortunate to have a choice of quite-reasonable anodizing shops that are between me and my day job.

But there are a couple of small anodizing shops on the web--you send 'em stuff, they return it in one of a variety of pleasing colours.

I can't find it right now, but there's an online anodzing house that specializes in funky colours and splash anodizing for the home bicycle builder. Also, the amateur telescope guys usually have a good lead or two for this--main telescope tubes and focusser tubes they like to get anodized black.

Reply to
Marcus Leech

To Anyone in RMR land

I received a solicitation from this group yesterday. Who are they? I never heard of them before.

Hey Fred Shecter how's the spelling?

Geezer

Reply to
Richard White

Neato article and link for a proposed Space Elevator. Dunno, seems like there's a few details to be worked out yet, but hey, why not? $10B ain't that much...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

If it really is National and not Nation, then this is them. They've been around for quite a while. I'm trying to recall the predecessor of the NSS, (NSI? I was a member of them since NARAM-18 when they sent us a speaker) but they merged with the L5 society a long time ago, forming NSS.

Bob Kaplow

Hmm, "founded in 1974 by Wernher von Braun". Impressive.

But everybody knows what NSS REALLY stands for...right? That would be the National Speleological Society. Founded in 1941 by Bill Stephenson.

James Reyome

I operate a anodizing shop.

Anacote Corporation

45-12 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 718-361-1740 718-392-1842 fax snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com

Capability up to 10' Long We do all jobs big & small

Reply to
David A. Kraft

You may not want to go all out for just one piece, but this is interesting reading nevertheless:

BB

The NSS has been supporting us, see

consider reciprocating.

Derf