Re: Hawk Mountain Kits (specifically Transonic II)

Have a friend who fly's one, they are awesome. He continually flys it on K700's and K1275's. The MDR set up is similar to the PML Co Pilot, but with the MDR, the transonic is very tall!!!!!

Reply to
Stephen Corban

The Transonic II is using the PML CPR 3000 system. The Co-Pilot is PML's altimeter.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Alan has some of the best stuff on the market. However, I don't like the altimeter bays...I like the old fashoned coupler and endcaps......gives me the most room.

I also have taken to using Performance Rocketry fincans and nosecones.

I end up with an absolutely bulletproof rocket...

-Darren

Reply to
Darren Wright

Haven't worked with their kits. Used and liked their 'glass tubing and nosecones - good stuff!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I just purchased a USED Transonic that needs rebuilding. The damn thing looks about as bulletproof as it gets. I dropped a line to Hawk Mountain telling them I had made this purchase and asking for a manual and they responded instantly. No manuals online but they are mailing one to me right away. What a great bunch to deal with. I am looking forward to putting this thing back together and flying it. It is not the MDR version, but I am looking to modify what I have into MDR.

Keep in mind that you are talking about two different items here. The Sudden Rush is a larger diameter and made from either Quantum tubing or phenolic(?). I have one of those as well. Two different birds entirely.

I would also take a look at Performance Rocketry stuff. Bulletproof as well. But be prepared to be patient.

Reply to
Anonymous

Yeah I know on the Sudden Rush. Whatever my next kit is, I want it dual recovery. If I can swing a fiberglass kit, more the better. After that, I start designing my own.

Reply to
Jason