Hawk Mountain Enterprise

Hi, Has anyone ordered from this web site? They have a lot of rocket supplies at very good prices. I placed an order days ago but have not heard from them and the purchase has not shown up on my credit card. Rick

Reply to
rickyd

I order from them off and on. It sometimes takes a couple of days, or so, before Allen gets back to you: Mainly because of his day job and associated travel. One thing for sure; all of his products are first rate.

Fred

rickyd wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I have had the SAME experience with him in the past. A lot of these guys selling products, do it out of their basements, garages, spare rooms. They don't employ 60 people to answer phones, email, and ship items. Just takes a bit longer with the small guy as opposed to the multi-milion dollar operation.

He should be back with you in a week or two ... any longer than that, and you are now in "Jerry's World" and should take your business else where!

Reply to
lunarlos

I have never ordered from "Jerry's World" and by reading the many history lessons on RMR, not likely to. Years ago we had a vender that carried the products and motors. I even certified on a H-160, when they were still on the certified list. (:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Man... I must be the only one that was done good by USR. A year ago I scored a Sonic 2200 via ebay from Jerry. I got the kit, in good shape, within the same week. I'm still totally amazed how Jerry got the kit to me so fast via USPS and so cheaply.

On a somewhat side note I opened the kit up to inspect the parts and flash backed to my early years building FSI kits. Must've been the scent of the balsa nose cone :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

Yep, scored several U.S. Rocket kits over the years and they are good. I even scored a 6" diameter Stub. Didn't care much for the 2.5" motor mount, but that was easy to change-over to a 3" mount. Now that I think about it, I need to finish and paint the 18" upper airframe section and electronics bay, I added for dual deployment, and get that puppy in orbit.

I agree, his eBay + feedback is a big step in the right direction. Although there has been no U.S. Rockets eBay activity for several months.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Fred,

The issue I see is this: Jerry may be trying, but the problem is that his stuff is selling too low for him to make any capital gains in his business to then re-invest those funds back into USR. Jerry owes 10s of thousands to the government and to private individuals. He is financially 'drowning'. As such, I suspect that most of the recent activity has been from odds-and-ends left behind from his past failed/corrupt businesses. I personally believe, that he makes kits up as the orders come in and he uses left over parts from past dealings/runs. There is nothing WRONG with this, but in Jerry's case, he is not INVESTING in a new USR, but clearing out the closets and storage units.

Also, with Jerry's track record, he may be using his left-overs to create a seemingly good track record, then use that to con ignorant investors in some new scam.

launches is that Jerry Irvinve is UNIVERSALLY hated. Anytime his name is mention during a lecture or range announcement a chorus of 'booos' can be heard from from the majority of the attendees.

Now Jerry does attend launches where his , 'friends', are in attendence, but you will never see him at a major launch outside of the Claremont CA, area or MTA.

As a result, how is Jerry going to promote his product at a LDRS, or NARAM? Is he going to set up a booth at a toy show or major hobby launch? No, as he doesn't have the money or the public support to REALLY make USR into a profitable and respected company ... he has just screwed TOO many people who are respected; Jerry the Feds and the TBD are not to blame ... YOU are.

So in closing, nothing Jerry does impresses me anymore. I am suspect of everything he posts, sells on ebay, or any other financial activities he is involved in. There are so many more honest and respected rocket manufactures with BETTER and higher quality products, I can ignore USR and Jerry and spend my money elsewhere.

I also don't like what Jerry has done against rocketry, and the negative attention he has brought upon the hobby.

Reply to
lunarlos

I was just trying to be nice.. (:-) However, I share the concern expressed in your last statement and have so expressed in past postings.

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I have two of his machines. Well worth the money, well worth any wait. Alan is great to deal with, but real life gets in the way once in awhile.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy