WARCO customer service

Is this an oxymoron?
A couple of weeks back I ordered some sanding discs and linisher belts from Warco. Neither item was flagged as out of stock and the transaction
went through on my credit card. After a few days the Discs turn up with paperwork to say the belts were to follow but no prediction as to when.
I emailed Warco after a few days and have had no reply.
1) Is it typical for WARCO to take the money for out of stock items?
2) Do they respond to emails?
It is not a lot of money at stake but I think it is pretty poor Customer Service.
Anyone else having problems?
Bob

belts
transaction
with
when.
Customer
Roger Warren who owns Warco would be upset that you are concerned - he has always in my experience bent over backwards to sort problems. I strongly suggest that you give him / them a ring as it is definately atypical.
AWEM

I don't know.
But it is illegal.
--
Nigel

When the only tools you have are an X3 mill, a

Warco are one of those companies I will happily buy from at a slightly higher price because sometimes customer service is more important than price.
I'd say don't worry too much just yet, someone may be on holiday.
Give 'em a ring tommorrow (Monday) & take it from there.
I'm not aware of any recent changes at Warco but you never know, please let us know how you get on.
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:59:05 +0100, Bob Minchin

I had a similar problem earlier this year, so perhaps the web ordering system is not as good as it should be, but on the phone they are still excellent.
I needed a 5C collet chuck rather urgently and ordered off the web together with a set of transfer punches. Phoned a few days later to check delivery date only to be told they were both out of stock and not expected for some time. Cancelled the chuck order and got one from ArcEuro in 2 days.
The transfer punches turned up about 10 weeks later.
Peter

Smaller companies can have a real problem with customer eMails getting snaffled by spam filters etc - quite a few of ads carry a "if you eMail and I don't reply in 48 hours, ring xxxx".
I haven't needed anything from Warco in quite a while, but always been helpful and flexible.
Steve
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:59:05 +0100, Bob Minchin

<delurk>
Personally, I've had no problems apart from being supplied the wrong part (918 belt) on one occasion and a second delivery of a part I'd already received on another (a different 918 belt) [1].
One or two items have been on relatively long delivery times but that's all.
[1] Call me a fool but I did the decent thing and returned it.
--
-Pip

Good god, there goes the neighbourhood... ;^)
--
Nigel

When the only tools you have are an X3 mill, a
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 22:53:37 +0100, Nigel Eaton

<fx: builds steam-powered Vee flicker and aims it at North Herts>
--
-Pip

<VBG>
Will that work at under 10PSI?
--
Nigel

When the only tools you have are an X3 mill, a
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:14:11 +0100, Nigel Eaton

Plenty. Double-acting engine with 95% cutoff and speed reduction by Vee belt, of course.
--
-Pip

I'm impressed.