Some companies really do pay attention

I submitted an on-line order to Valley Model Trains

short while ago and I got an e-mail back from the boss who'd noticed that I ordered several small parts in O-scale and a large kit in HO and wanted to make sure that I hadn't goofed since the kit also comes in an O-scale version.

I'm impressed!

Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

Norm Dresner spake thus:

I'm guessing it must be a three- or four-person operation. Any business larger than this, for the most part, will never bother with such "unprofitable" niceties.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

An almost similar thing happened to me, always ordering N scale stuff and then one HO article in an order of all N scale, I got an email from MB Klein asking if the HO was the right order. I don't think MB Klein is a 4 persons operation. I think things like this make you feel special and thus make you a loyal customer.

Grtz Jan

Reply to
Jan (Bouli) Van Gerwen

"I submitted an on-line order to Valley Model Trains

short while ago and I got an e-mail back from the boss who'd noticed that I ordered several small parts in O-scale and a large kit in HO and wanted to make sure that I hadn't goofed since the kit also comes in an O-scale version.

I'm impressed! "

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

And some don't.

I've been emailing Eastern Classic Model RR Products of New Milford, NJ about shipping charges regarding an order I wanted to make. I emailed this jerk twice and called him twice. No answer on any of them.

If this how he responds to someone asking him how to send him money you have to wonder how it would be if you actually have a problem.

I caution anyone thinking about doing business with this jerk.

Eric

Norm wrote:

"I submitted an on-line order to Valley Model Trains

short while ago and I got an e-mail back from the boss who'd noticed that I ordered several small parts in O-scale and a large kit in HO and wanted to make sure that I hadn't goofed since the kit also comes in an O-scale version.

I'm impressed! "

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

I seem to recall a similar experience with the same guy.

Caveat Emptor!

Colin

Reply to
Colin 't Hart

I have had good experiences with Eastern Classic for several years; Al has always been helpful and cooperative. Sure sorry to hear of your problem.

Reply to
kt0t

From Big Al "I searched every one of my 800+ emails...not one from him. Maybe he is sending it to the wrong email address. My web page will be up and running very soon..this should eliminate all the phone calls and emails....it has gotten to be tto much...The phone especially is tied up constantly"

Thought he should be able to respond. Al's address is: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

" snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Mike

Hold on there Eric. I have dealt with Al for several years and he ALWAYS responds to inquiries in a timely manner. Al is one of the most honest people I have ever dealt with. Since I haven't seen any of your messages to him, I can't speak to how you may have worded your request, but Al is no jerk. He is busy and works long hours. I recently ordered three items in two separate e-mails and it took Al a couple of days to respond, but respond he did.

Jeff Hensley

Reply to
Jeff Hensley

I emailed to him at his ECMR1 at aol address since it was the only contact on the email ad he sent me. I sent the first one a few days after I got the advertisement and I sent the second one about three weeks later.

After some researching on the net I called him about a week after the last email and again this week, both times getting his answering machine and leaving my phone number both times as well as telling him that I had emailed him without getting an answer.

The jerk never called me back or answered the emails. We're at five weeks this monday. Not my idea of a timely matter.

As for the wording. I told him what I wanted to buy and asked how much the shipping was since there was not shipping information in his ad email.

I also asked for a mailing address so I could send him a check.

It would have taken five minutes at most to say

'my shipping is $x.xx dollars and the address is

The Jerk

111 Jerk lane Putzville, New Jerksy Jerkistan

I'll be waiting for the check. Thanks for wanting to send me money.'

Clear enough?

Eric

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

I've dealt with Al for many years now and have never had a problem. Yes he is sometimes slow with his answering but he is a one man outfit with one hell of a business. Of course attitude may have something to do with it.

" snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Mike