When we used to make things in this country

I came across this link in Practical Machinist, not a hard hat or a pair of safety glasses/goggles to be seen, rows & rows of lathes.

Sorry if this has been posted before or if you all have seen it.

Cheers

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I saw that recently over on rec.crafts.metalworking and did a bit more looking and came across this.

It make an interesting read about re-aligning a crank while in the ship and comments about the current construction of large ship engine cranks.

Reply to
David Billington

In the same vein - NACA Lewis/Glen Research Centre

a nice site to browse 1

Tim South Africa

Reply to
TMN

While they don't seem to give much detail this site seems to indicate that at least one of the Doxford engine designs is still alive and kicking in generating plant

. Begs the question where they make them these days.

Reply to
David Billington