Query: Universal Models of Hong Kong

Anyone here have any experience with them?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Bill, I have BAD experience with them. I ordered some Concord books from Universal Models (aka Cyber-Hobby) a few months ago. I actually received all I ordered and after relatively short wait (although "courier" delivery took three weeks from HK to Poland by UPS Express!) that time. Then several weeks ago I ordered a few more books. I made a mistake in my order and a couple of days later I tried to contact them by email to check if the order can be changed, but never received any reply. I noticed that my credit card was charged a day after I placed an order. After that I try to contact them every day to check the status of the order to no avail. I received a few "read" confimation receipts in my e-mail software for those messages I've sent, but later I started to recieve "not read" receipts meaning that someone deletes my e-mails without opening them...

So now I do not have books I ordered, but my card has been charged and Universal Models ignore any my attempts to contact them...

I will contact Citibank to ask them to remove this charge from my credit card account.

Reply to
Vodnik

If we're talking about Cyber-Hobby, avoid them like the plague. If you have to buy from them do yourself a favor, keep it small. Avoid placing multiple orders with them. You will not be able to reconcile your order amounts to your credit card statements. Especially when you receive a shipment only to discover items you didn't order and are missing the ones you did order. Any and all attempts to contact them will be met with silence. They were reading the e-mails though. At least they were a year or so ago. I could hear their ears smoldering on occasion.

My ill fortunes at the hands of Cyber-Hobby were not from a one shot deal. I was stupid enough to have dealt with them between around 1999-2002 , before I finally had my fill. I shudder to think how much I spent with those degenerates, but it had to be well up there.

I've never flamed a supplier in the way that I reserve it for Cyber-Hobby. They are absolutely abominable. Never again. I wouldn't buy gold from them if they were offering it at the rate of chicom dirt or mad cow meat (whichever is cheaper).

WmB

WmB

them. You will

Especially when

the ones you

They were reading

ears smoldering

my fill. I

well up there.

were offering it

Oww! I guess there's $8 I'll never see again.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak