Rustlick SC3000 Tramp oil skimmer

Does anyone out there have any experience with one of these? Do they work? Bill Smith

Well, for $2,000, they *ought* to work! Ahm proly gettin their $200 jobby, a 12" wheel skimmer; the 18" skimmer is $230 at my local place.
What does the skimmer do w/ the oil it has skimmed? I would imagine it puts it in a sep container somehow? Not clear from the pics. ---------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

"Proctologically Violated" wrote:

I've got a Rustlick 12" disc skimmer on a VMC. I mounted it near the edge of the coolant tank so that the piece of angle iron hangs over the edge of the tank and put a meatloaf pan underneath. To the best of my knowledge they don't supply a catch pan.
YMMV
Steve
--
Regards,
Steve Saling

I bought it at KBC for $200. It apparently had been sitting in their place for 5 years and their boss told them to get rid of it. It appears to be complete, I guess I'll find out soon enough if it works or not.
Bill Smith
Do they have another one?? :) ---------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:13:28 -0500, "Proctologically Violated"
Nope.
Bill Smith
Bill Smith wrote:

$10. Auctions are your friend. Otherwise, if you are a cheap bastard a rotisserie motor, piece of plastic and a couple strips of angle iron and you'll have your skimmer.