Wyvern Query

I have a kit here that I'm about to finish and it has what I presume ar RATO units. Would the aircraft sit around with those hanging on or did they fall off when used up?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Mad Modeller wrote in news:MLednbd3Y6VLEPDTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

They would be attached shortly before takeoff the same time any armament was hung on. Given that they were highly explosive you wouldn't see them any other time. They were designed to fall off after use.

Reply to
Jessie_c

On 9/12/2011 2:10 PM, Jessie_c wrote:>

Thanks. That's what I thought.