MEGAHOBBY.COM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has ordered stuff from megahobby.com?

The thing is that I placed an order from their website several days ago and I still haven't received any acknowledgement, order confirmation or reference. I know that my credit card was charged for the amount.

Can anyone vouch for them? or explain this lack of communication? I can't even find an e-mail on their site! And the single one phone listed is constantly busy.

Thanks,

Reply to
NECROSCOPE

I have bought from them a dozen or so times over the last

2 years with no problems at all. You should have gotten a confirmation, though. If the card was charged I would surmise that all else is OK with your order. He ships very quickly; a day or two.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

I think the Romans said it best:

"Caveat Emptor"

Reply to
M Stanley

My experience with Rick (Megahobby) has been that there is nothing to be "beware" of. Send him an e-mail or something.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

They are absolutely reliable and I give them all the business I can. They have their own bulletin board on the net, part of a set of modeling BBs. If they were gonna get sloppy, they'd have to spend all day every day watching the BB to remove complaints... or let other folks read the complaints. You don't put a BB up like that unless you are prepared to give customer service that won't get complained about. I suspect their email to you might have gotten eaten or something... email them and ask them about it... and for a link to their BB.

And tell them "Pygar" says hi.

Reply to
WinBear

The address listed on their site is

Reply to
wicate

Hello this is Pete from

our email adress is listed on the home page on the left, blue button that states email mega. The phone rings all day long and we try to answer all calls. Email us your order number it should read something like C15465 and I will see what is going on with your order. Everything gets ship out within 5 days most of the time or sooner. Our number is 888-642-0093 keep calling you will eventually get through best to call around 9:30 am. If the voice comes on leave a message and we will call you back. Thanks Pete

Reply to
Pete

Bought off them back in 2001, it did take about 2 months to turn up, but them some there was some terrible going ons the day after I ordered.

By the by, that is 2 months from there to Brisbane Australia.

Reply to
Wayne M Jackson

Necro still waiting to hear from you, phone is right next to me no emails from you at all. 888-642-0093 or snipped-for-privacy@megahobby.com take your pick.

Reply to
Pete

Huh?

Reply to
Wayne M Jackson

Someone goung by the screen name "Necroscope" started off this thread a few days ago, the later posted that he couldn't remember the contact information for megahobby.com. (Why he couldn't go back to the site to get the contact info, I'll never know...) I assume that's why Pete posted the contact information.

Reply to
Rob Kelk

Huh? Wayne, what I am trying to say is the guy (NECROSCOPE) who is complaining never placed a order with us still have not heard from him no email nothing. Thanks for the order you placed in 2001 in was a tough time around here for everybody and for many still is. Pete :(

Reply to
Pete