The Signal Box Rochester Kent

Has anyone had dealings with this company? They sent me the wrong track on an order. Apart from an initial email response asking whether I had opened the box to check whether the track was right! I have met a resounding silence, despite several attampts to discover their returns policy. Hard to personally return it from here in New Zealand. I wondered if others had encoutered similar problems with them , or is it an abberration

Reply to
Ian & Joc Byrd

"Ian & Joc Byrd" wrote

They generally have a reasonable reputation within the trade. The gaffer is called Trevor Taylor from memory and if all else fails, ring and ask to speak to him.

Tell the Signal Box that you want what you ordered and not what they sent, and offer to return the incorrect items at their expense. If they don't respond complain to your credit card company (assuming you paid by card) and they will eventually refund your payment.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hi,

I have purchased from "The Signal Box" on 2 previous occasions. I have received exactly what I ordered at exactly the price I expected to pay. Delivery costs were reasonable and I received the items within 48 hours.

Sorry, I have had no problems with them at all.

Eddie.

Reply to
Eddie Bray

I have used their mail order facility and found it very satisfactory. I ordered a Bachmann Standard 5 and a Wills stone cottage kit - the parcel arrived within 72 hours, well packaged to prevent damage and exactly what had been ordered. David Costigan

Reply to
David Costigan

I've been into their shop in Rochester on various occasions, and have always found them personable and helpful, though perhaps not in the same personal way as some of the smaller shops.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Reply to
Ian & Joc Byrd

In early January I placed an order through the Signal Box's web site for two "Special Offer" locomotives advertised on that site and in January's Railway Modeller. I sent a follow up e-mail asking about order status at the end of January. I have received no response of any kind from them. At least my credit card hasn't been charge for anything. They seem to have become a "black hole".

On the other hand I received my order from Hatton's of Liverpool today nine days after I placed it. I received three e-mails from Hatton's during this period indicating order processing progress.

I'm > Thanks for the input. I will try once more to address the issue. It seems

Reply to
His Greyness

In early January I placed an order through the Signal Box's web site for two "Special Offer" locomotives advertised on that site and in January's Railway Modeller. I sent a follow up e-mail asking about order status at the end of January. I have received no response of any kind from them. At least my credit card hasn't been charge for anything. They seem to have become a "black hole".

On the other hand I received my order from Hatton's of Liverpool today nine days after I placed it. I received three e-mails from Hatton's during this period indicating order processing progress.

I'm > Thanks for the input. I will try once more to address the issue. It seems

Reply to
His Greyness

Maybe it's an "international" thing. I've dealt with them in person (at the shop) and by mail order and have had no problems.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Palette

I've not dealt with them by mail order/internet, so can't vouch for that. If I buy models over the internet then I prefer to go to Hattons as I feel they have probably the best internet shop I've seen for model railways.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Strange the different experiences. I'd rather buy from a spiv saying "psst psst wonner buy some dodgy model locos" than go anywhere near Hattons.

Signal Box has always given me excellent and fast service. Tis my preferred internet supplier. Never got any progress mails from them though - perhaps cos item delivered within 24-48 hours so no need.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Reply to