Discount Hobby center help

Anyone order from these guys before?

I called 2 weeks ago to see if a few items were in stock.. The items were confirmed to be in stock by an employee. Next day I called back and ordered the items and confirmed stock again. My card was charged the same day and now its been 2.5 weeks and nothing has arrived and they do not answer the phone and all e-mail contacts bounce back to me. Anyone know whats going on there?

Reply to
Tim Summers

"Tim Summers" wrote in news:3f6df34f snipped-for-privacy@corp.newsgroups.com:

My experience with DHC has been via 2 of their on-line auctions I won. Eventually, they delivered the merchandise, which was in good condition and as advertised. The first item took over a month to be delivered, and the second nearly 3 months. Communication via email was useless - I never got any response.

Even though I got what I bought, I will not do business with them again. Life is too short to spend time (or money) with a business that can't/won't communicate.

Reply to
David W.

Great prices, lousy service

nuff said

Joel

77267 L2

Reply to
Joel Rogers

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!

Back in Jan 2003 I went to their website and order some motors. They had none in stock and from my understanding the order was cancelled. Then in Aug 2003 my account was charged $76....... I tried to e-mail them.... the message came back marked undeliverable. I tried calling them, on the hour every hour for 6 hours...... no answer...... Of course I have not received anything......I will be filing charges again soon

Randy Trotter NAR #80885 L2

Reply to
Trotter's

I'm on their mailing list and get smeared, illegible flyers from time to time. I've ordered twice, (though not recently) and did get my product in 2-3 weeks.

The GOOD news is that I got my items, at good prices, and amazingly low shipping cost. The BAD news is that every time I called (when someone answered) they seemed startled that someone was placing an order and weren't sure how to handle it.

(The following is NOT a serious accusation and should be read as humor):

I used to be in the camera business. There was a competitor in a nearby town; who undercut me on every price, but didn't seem to care if he made a sale or not. Awful service, irregular hours - I couldn't see how he stayed in business. Sound familiar?

Turned out the place was a front for a money laundry...

Reply to
Scott Schuckert