discount hobby center Oh brother!

Well I am another one that can be added to the disount hobby center discruntled customer list... what a company these folks are running! Not much to say that has not allready been said about them... disorganized, take your money before shipping your order, never ever email you back and you must call them.. get lame excuses of call back later this afternoon when boss is here and do the phone is busy the whole time... I finally after allmost 2 months got a partial order... I refused to pay the rest and canceled the balance of my order. An order close to $400. Was a group order with some friends I received about $100 of it... too bad for this company.. the website leads one to believe they have all items in stock when in reality they have very little in stock.. not even c6-5's motors Even Walmart has those! Well live and learn I wished I had looked them up and there reputation prior to ordering. Chris

Reply to
Christopher Pine

Point.

Jerry Irvine

I've won a couple of auction from them & haven't had that much of a problem with their service. It may take a week or 2 to get your order, but it has always arrived. Some times things get delayed due to the supplier(s), not the retailer.

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

Fred Shecter

Yeah, but when you're selling things via auction you're supposed to have them on hand. I shouldn't have to wait for their supplier to supply them. I'm right at 2 weeks from the day they charged my CC for a 24mm casing. OTOH, I e-mailed last Friday and got a response on Saturday am. Still, I'm waiting to see what happens this week.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR ARSA #418

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

Yes but treating your customers like a disease is not acceptable... why did they not tell me the stuff would go backordered before they charged my card? Why did they not respond to my emails? Why a hundred things these folks are idiots! I read a lot about this after I placed my order unfortunately well no more in future lesson learned. I had 95 % motot order so I don't know how they stock other things.

Reply to
Christopher Pine

Like I said the only thing good about them was their prices.. they beat this site allmost 2$ on d12-5's for example... but if you never receive the item what gfood is the price? :)

Reply to
Christopher Pine

Are you sure this is not a HPR magazine thread again?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe TRA should arrange for Discount Hobby Center to be the distrubutor for HPR Magazine... sounds like they're "made3 for each other"! :)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I guess I am just lucky. I won an auction last week from Discount Hobby, called it in the next day (last Thurs) and my box arrived today.

Reply to
Al Gloer

I would not wish them on each other for anything.

How about we target and reward success instead?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Try Magnum or Performance Hobbies.

Reply to
Anonymous

I ordered from them on 27 Jan 04 for some D and E engines. I also ordered a

24 mm casing and have not gotten anything yet. They charged it to my Visa on 03 Feb 04. Calls to them, where I talked to Jim (customer Service) says they were out of stock on the casings. Emails to them were answered: "It's been shipped" Still no tracking numbers could be received and nothing arrived. etc. Then from March thru April, their phone lines were always "busy" and emails were not answered. I had Visa refund 128 bucks back to my account.

Never aga>

Reply to
JMS

From what I gather, Mike and Jim run the operations there.

Previous Newsgroup post's replies have complained about their slow service; often getting the money so they can buy the merchandise and thereby forward it to their customers for a profit. For 2 months I was wondering if they were still in business or not.

I just got tired of waiting. From 27 Jan until now? Visa just confirmed they credited my account for the 128 bucks Discount Hobby Center charged me for "no merchandise".

John

message

Reply to
JMS

INSTASHIP

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You distribute explosive storage boxes?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I wonder if I should stop commenting on this, since I'm now in the magazine distribution business...

Bob Kaplow

You distribute "model airplane parts"?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

FWIW, I got my casing today. Two weeks, two days. Not great, but not months, either.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR ARSA #481

Reply to
Mark Hamilton