Re: How to tell your UFOs from UAVs

> anybody want to make a bet on how long it is before there are literally > thousands of these UAV's patrolling cities here in the > US........for anti-terrorist purposes of course...... > > shockie B) > >
4 years
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

thousands of these UAV's patrolling cities here in the

They are already here, Shockie. Not thousands yet but, UAV's are used to search for greenhouses growing certain "exotic foliage" here along the mountainsides of KY and TN. Nothing as military-centric as in your link but they are already here.

Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

You are six years behind times :)

Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

"shockwaveriderz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

What worries me is that police departments may begin using them for speed enforcement on highways/Interstates.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

What else is new. They have been doing since I was born in 1961, in different forms.

BIG DEAL.

Why don't they fly a shit load over like, say, terrorist countries? Oh, there I go again, trying to put logic in politics.

What a bunch of idiots.

Remember, Rome fell because of this kind of stupidity, policing there own people. So have many ancient civils. We never learn.

Am I close? :-)

KMJK

Reply to
Karl M.J. Kowert

thousands of these UAV's patrolling cities here in the

I thought the HSA wanted to ban UAVs as terrorist weapons???

Bob Kaplow

its only a terrorist weapon if you are NOT the HSA...

perhaps someday soon coming to a tv liv, wil be UAV wars.... where personal UAVS are used in the quest for freedom to down HSA UAVS..... shockie B)

thousands of these UAV's patrolling cities here in the

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Police forces ALWAYS exwempt themselves from their own rules. It is the most unconstitutional thing they can possibly do since according to that old dead document, all authority flows from citizens NOT the government!!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nope. Soon the HSA will ban anything that flies from our skies.

Bob Kaplow

"Karl M.J. Kowert" wrote in news:_UC_a.1425$Q5.813 @fe01.atl2.webusenet.com:

Nah, Rome fell because low level poisoning from lead pipe plumbing made everyone stupid. The modern equivalent is "reality" shows on TV.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Leonard Fehskens wrote in news:Xns93D76C9303F04lenfehskenshpcom@16.105.248.153:

In the Orlando area,LE used to use small gen-aviation aircraft to clock vehicles on local roads and highways,with great success. There was a hubbub over rental costs of the commercial planes and they stopped using them. Most of our roads of any length have the white timing lines painted on them,and the lines are -still maintained- for future use.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

R O F L

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Something that definitely "needs fixing". No government rule should exempt the government. Or any rule that exempts the government should exempt the citizens. If my neighbor the plumber must follow OSHA safety rules, why should the government not be similarly constrained.

Of if the JBGTs can kick down my door at 2am and come in and terrorize my household, why can't we do the same to them?

Why were *REAL* explosives being stored without permits in the OKC federal bulding near the day care center?

Bob Kaplow

Obviously our elected officials were affected with this disease long before reality shows were around. Perhaps it goes back to "Gilligan's Island".

Bob Kaplow

How fast are they?

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Ya know, this whole thing has me thinking...(yeah, I know, that's dangerous...)

Anyway, while Kurt's outrunning it, I'm trying to figure out how to bring it down. While the ATF techniques spring to mind (direct frontal assault in broad daylight) such as shooting at it (dangerous to others) or building a S/A missile (the last thing any of us needs to be doing), we should strive to find its Achilles heel. Surely there's some weakness to be exploited. Who knows, may blowing a Cap'n Crunch whistle makes it go nuts and crash....

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

ROTFL

I know! I know! And it?s an all in one solution.

Deer whistles!

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

its just a matter of time of course, before the HSA realizes that the auto manufacturers place black boxes in all their new vehicles and what better way to track and id people? while they are in the vehicle of course..... shockie B)

thousands of these UAV's patrolling cities here in the

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

"Doug Sams" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mygate.mailgate.org:

Attack it with a RC plane of your own,manually guided.Tow a wire or 'banner' behind your RC plane,and cross over in front of the UAV,and foul it's prop.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Tom Ha" wrote in news:qYP_a.1844$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.epix.net:

Buy two transponders with different billing numbers,use one for the 1st tollbooth,the 2nd for the next.

Hack the ID number,make a circuit to alter it to other similar numbers each time it's interrogated.

Reply to
Jim Yanik