regulation for freedom

If there is any possibility for creating new, additional legislation for protecting sport rocketry against encroaching regulation - I admit that seems like a paradoxical concept, but if there _is_ such a possibility, it might look like this: appear to give the "new securitarians" what they seem to be looking for, by proposing an "anti-terrorist rocketry control" act that specifically prohibits what they're scared of and we don't want to do anyway: make it, specifically, a crime to "launch any rocket equipped to deliver an explosive or incendiary device or any poisonous or infectious material, or otherwise intended to cause harm to persons or property"... then, when the Regulators start whining about weight limits and propellant compositions, they can be shamed with accusations that they're missing the point and leaving Dangerous Loopholes: "but the terrorists could just cluster small motors or use different propellants..." in order to pressure them to support the "real anti-terrorist legislation" instead.

just a thought...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

that's the current law in the AFTs definition of distructive device, FireArms laws

like most things in our country, all the laws needed, are already on the books.

Reply to
AlMax

I have read far more regulations than a human ever should and more like

10x the laws needed.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We have more laws than we need already.

Politicians should be judged (and PAID) not based on how many laws and regulations they create, but on how many unnecessary ones they get rid of.

Bob Kaplow

I beg to differ.

Bob Kaplow

Explain how ? I would sure love to know.

Reply to
AlMax

I enough voters agree, don't re-elect. That simple. It works.

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Not all places.

their are at least 2 million people in the US who want a certain senator from NY removed from office. It might be as much as 5 million.

The are behind one of the USA's largest lobby group of hobbyists and manufactures for hobbyists. That lobby group spends million's of dollars every election to get their point across to the public via TV, Radio, magazine and print ads.

it's worked in many states, but so far, NY is not one of them. That person remains in office.

BTW, it's the same one many here wish removed.

Ask Bob for even more examples from his neck of the woods how this doesn't work.

Reply to
AlMax

We could do him a favor and publicize our experience and get 5 million people on our side in the process.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine