Creating a new material

Hello,
I need to create a new material, but I can't figure out how to add or
delete from the material properties. For example, how do I add yield
strength to the material properties and how do I remove certain
properties for which I don't have any data?
Thanks in advance...
Reply to
Adam Meyer
Need data? Try ...

Keith Streich
The first thing that you have to do is either create a new materials file or copy the original SW materials file (materials.sldmat) to a safe place and rename the original one. This file is by default located in the "solidworks/lang/english/sldmaterials" (for english install). Then you can modify the material that is in the "new" file. Solidworks WILL NOT let you modify any of the materials or add new ones in its default material file. And as Keith said, you can get a lot of info on materials from MATWEB.com