RMS supply question

Hi all,

I need a little info on AT RMS motors. I got 1 off e-Bay with some reloads, finally have a chance to use it at a launch with a nice big field on Saturday. See

for launch details. If anyone is in northern Ill or southern Wis come on by. What do I need for cleaning this thing out after use? I've seen the threads about brushes, vinegar & such.

-- change seveneleven to 711 to reply

Reply to
M Miller

WD-40 and some rags. Works for me.

Mike Fisher Binder Design

Mfreptiles

I just use the PET (petroleum jelly). Rub on a bit of PET, wipe with a rag; little cost, nice and clean. And good pint of PET is already part of an "RMS" range box. If you clean them right after you fly them, they tend to stay nice.

~Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

"Duane Phillips" wrote in news:Becab.376731$cF.113069@rwcrnsc53:

If you clean them right after you fly them, you burn your fingers :-) Better to let them cool a bit, but clean them while they're still warm.

Baby wipes also do a great jub of cutting the crud.

Reply to
David W.

Baby wipes and do it as soon as the casing is cool enough to handle.

Larry

M Miller wrote:

Reply to
Larry W. Hardin

For on field cleaning, I just wipe everything with a wet-nap or baby-wipe. Assuming I survive tomorrow mornings visit to the oral surgeon, I'll be glad to show you what to do Saturday...

Bob Kaplow

I use baby wipes most of the time. When I get anything stubborn, I just soak 'em in hot, soapy dishwater (in the laundry tub) for a half hour or so, then scrub with an old toothbrush or something similar. If it's really stubborn, a piece of 1/4" dowel can be handy.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

That sounds like a pretty rough way to handle a baby. Does your wife know?

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I want to know what they've been eating. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

"Duane Phillips" wrote in news:r6jab.379534$Oz4.158506@rwcrnsc54:

I can't argue that one way or another, but I usually leave them out to air dry after I clean them. I just know that I love having casings that are as smooth as a baby's butt :-)

Reply to
David W.

Funny you should mention that, since she's due in October... I'll have to forward this to her, in hopes that I can get out of diaper duties... 8-}

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Store brand generics, on sale. $1 buys a nice supply...

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Good luck Bob. Hope to see you there.

M Miller

M Miller

My condolences ;-)

Good luck

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Art, Are you sure about that price?

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

I found that if you make yourself puke once in front of her she might do as my wife and not want to clean up two messes and never have you change a dipper again.

John Hornsby

I'll have

Reply to
a.hornsbyiii