rocket motor design

hi, i'm kind of new here, so sorry if this has been done before. i want to build a rocket, but the most difficult part for me seems the
rocket motor and nozzle of the motor i want to create my own motors, for the achivement and the fun i am making it with black powder in a tube, but don't know the exact sizes of the hole in the center or the shape/size of the nozzle.
some help please ? jeroen (the Netherlands / Holland)

I won't profess any knowledge of making black powder motors. In fact, I'm not too crazy about trying to compress black powder. I like my fingers. However, here are some resources that may be usefull that will help you learn more about motor design and manufacturing in general.
1. Check out Richard Nakka's website which covers sugar motors. You may find these a bit safer to work with. http://www.nakka-rocketry.net /
2. There is also a forum concerning experimental motors called Arocket. You can get there from here http://arocket.mid-south.net /
3. I highly recommend reading "Experimental Composite Propellant" by Dr. Terry W. McCreary.
Others may point you more specifically towards black powder resources, but these are good alternatives. Be sure to check your local laws concerning this type of work also. You surely don't want to get into trouble.
Good luck and have fun!
-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398
may I ask why you are choosing BP over the alternatives?
- iz
jeroen wrote:

In many countries the raw components to APCP and other composites are import controlled and very hard/expensive to get. For someone who wants to make a few hobby rockets it seems good ole Black Powder is a simple solution. ButI would think that Sorbitol would also be as well.
Jerry
IEAS.org

yes, you may. the alternatives are not as easy to come by, and blackpowder is easy to make for yourself, while on the other hand it is VERY expensive to buy in the gunshop, and you must have a permit to buy BP. so, creativity was the cheapest option. build a ballmill, and got to work.
Jeroen,
visit NERO at
    http://www.nerorockets.org/nero/feh-links.htm#Nederlands
I'd also recommend that you pop off an email to
at the Danish Amateur Rocket Club, and see if he can hook you up with someone closer to home
- iz
jeroen wrote:

thanks for all the replying helps jeroen