shaping foam

Hello,

I build custom floats/bobbers for fishing and thought that maybe someone of you here could help me. I am trying to put a tapered end (much like the tip of a rocket) on the end of soft foam. The foam I am using is dowel shaped, 3/4 inch diameter, and called "backer rod". It's used for insulating around windows, doors, etc. I have tried a hot knife, didn't work. I have thought about a tapered sander but cannot find a tool that will allow me to do this. Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time!!

RM

Reply to
RiverMan