Re: ROL NEWS--Binder Design Releases California Kid Rocket Kit

I would have to agree it is indeed "early California HPR styling".

I admit I was surprised. We never used fake aluminum nozzle bells :) We put in big a$$ SU motors :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

:) Thanks Jerry. I think it's finally time to give credit where it's due. Without yourself, Korey Klein, Gary Rosenfield, etc. this hobby wouldn't have gotten its start.

Anyways, THANKS!

Mike Fisher Binder Design

Reply to
Mfreptiles

Kline and IMHO you should always list him first.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Agreed. Oops on the mis-spell. Korey's Visijet motors were something else! I've been trying to clone the formula for my EX motors to no avail.

Mike F.

Reply to
Mfreptiles

Not exactly true. HPR Pre NFPA-1127 was actually NFPA exempt on a more firm and widespread basis. It enjoyed the recreational use and educational use exemptions which were one paragraph in length, were fully comprehensive as to materials, size and users and resulted in no permits being needed at all Federally, save airspace.

So in effect NFPA-1127 ADDED many restrictions that never existed before, did so in ways that are clearly in conflict with laws, did so in ways that are clearly in conflict with decades of field experience, and did so with absolute conviction they were doing the right thing. Couldn't be more wrong.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

long before that thing. You did not need NFPA 1127 to be legal.

All you needed was to be engaged in the business of rocketry and file FAA waivers and obey DOT transportation guidlines. Then HPR was legit. I even think a organisation was formed as a corporation engaged in the business of rocketry.

Reply to
AlMax714