ROL NEWS--RockSim Software officially recognized as a Certified Space Educational Product

RockSim Software officially recognized as a Certified Space Educational Product July 30, 2005 Web posted at: 4:02 PM EDT

(ROL Newswire) -- The Space Foundation announced it has approved RockSim, model rocket design and simulation software from Apogee Components, as a Certified Space Educational Product. This certification indicates to educators and parents that RockSim can be used to stimulate and encourage a student's interest in and knowledge about space.
"RockSim is an exciting tool to assist students with conceptualizing rocket construction and launch capabilities, which can increase their interest in pursuing further science, technology, engineering, and math education," said Dr. Patricia Arnold, the Space Foundation's vice president of education and workforce development.
According to Apogee Components, the software is already in use by more than 850 schools throughout the United States. It simplifies the rocket design process by allowing students to stretch-and-pull common shapes into any size rocket. Based on the shape, weight, and dimensions, the software then calculates how high and fast the rocket will fly with any commercially available model rocket engine. It also checks the stability of the rocket prior to flight so the designed rocket will fly a straight and safe trajectory path.
Tim Van Milligan, president of Apogee Components, said, "I'm thrilled RockSim has received this special certification from the Space Foundation. Our software really sparks an interest in learning science because kids want to know more about how to make rockets travel higher, faster, and straighter. They need to know science to do that." The Space Foundation, in cooperation with NASA, created the Space Certification Program to promote extraordinary products and services that bring the benefits of space technology home to Earth and enhance public interest and awareness in space. For more information about the Space Certification program, visit www.SpaceConnection.org http://www.SpaceConnection.org .
Source: Stephanie Fibbs, Space Foundation

What portion of Rocsim, sims rockets capable of "space"?
I only ask!!!
Jerry
"I have been told, in no uncertain terms, by people at the center of HPR Genesis and some its its constituent cognscenti, that Jerry Irvine was quite responsible for HPR."
"Jerry's practical approach has a lot going for it." - Wolfram V. Kiparski
"Jerry in my opinion is trying real hard to produce wanted, needed products and alternatives to enhance the rocketry hobby. having U.S. Rockets added back into the competitive mix will do nothing but GOOD for the general consumer. I have never expressed my opinion on political issues before in this or any newsgroup but gee whiz, enough is enough already!" - William Barzee