Shock Cords

Anti-zipper ball... neva thought of that. There are some reasons to be in this forum while one is enjoying "lone ranger rocketry".

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

masking tape is more eco-friendly

(until they bio-degrade) rubber bands can be ingested by birds, which is usually fatal

- iz

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Guess I should stop using rat-poison as ejection wadding, huh?

;)

Joel. phx

Bag-o-glass....

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Stephen I use 9/16" tublar nylon on all my rockets 5.5" and smaller. On the 7.5" on up....I use 1" tublar. I build my rockets heavy and I've never had a problem with either. I only use small lengths of Kevlar (around 3/4" wide) for the parts of the cord that are outside the Nomex blanket, say maybe 3 ft or so in length. Finally, I make the apogee cord twice as long as the main cord (40 and

20 feet) and I use a drouge. As I said.....no problems so far:-).

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary LDRS LD/RSO Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Nylon strap tubing. At least 4 times the length of the rocket...

Reply to
Greg Cisko

you can see the "Fireball", a patent pending commercialized version at

Giant Leap Rocketry

high power -> (top frame) products -> (left frame) recovery

- iz

Duane Phillips wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Hmmm, if flying on farms, maybe the farmer would supply us with fertilizer, seed, or something to spread for him?

Bob Kaplow

I guess we'd have to see the patent claim, but this seems to be "prior art" to me...

Bob Kaplow

Birds are expendable. I have not seen bird carcases littering remote desert launch sites lately.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Static URL's are superior.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I would like to use another as a backup instead of just a backup match in one ARRD.

the ARRD works in reverse, so if two are used, and only one fires, you don't have deployment ? I can't see how two of them does anything good ?

Why not two in series. That way if one does not fire or separate hopefully the other one will. Bill Richardson

Drogue less dual deploy is my most common high power rocket recovery method. Works great and usually brings everything close to the pad.

Eric B.

Reply to
BRich

here's a piece of irony

you can kill a mouse by painful poisons (arsenic), or crushing any part of their anatomy the spring-rap happens to catch and let them die a gruesome and possibly slow death, but you can't put one in a payload of a model rocket

- iz

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

the problem is that in dynamically generated websites that use frames, the frame URL does not reproduce the actual context

but here's your link to the frame

- iz

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Um, I know. That's the point.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

NFPA change request just to show regulation has gone wayyy overboard.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Exactly.

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

Still lost here.

The ARRD holds a deploymen bad to the bulkhead by holding the hook.

two in series or paralle still do the same thing.

Unless they both fire, your deployment bag is still held to the bulkhead ?

Confused

/ArtU

I will gladly pay you tuesday for a motor on the flying field today.

Reply to
ArtU

I have a model rocket magazine article here showing how to attach a heart rate and breathing rate sensor to a mouse in a model rocket. Fox and Mims stuff, 70s.

/ArtU

Silly mouse rule.

Reply to
ArtU

Art,

When we say the ARRD's are in series, we mean that the chute or deployment bag is attached to one ARRD. Then that ARRD is attached to the other ARRD which is then attached to the bulkhead. If either ARRD fires and releases, the chain of attachment is broken and the chute or deployment bag is free to deploy.

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

D'oh, Silly me !

thanks for the explainantion !