Topics in Advanced Model Rocketry-Available

A paper version can be purchased here:

$70 .......

search on Title using the search word topics and then add it to the shopping cart.....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Cool beans!

Reply to
Larry Curcio

A few years ago a team of guys was going to go through that book and fix some of the bugs and republish the book. Whatever happened with that effort, does anybody know?

Reply to
Fred B

CRP was asked to pass to NAR. They fumbled.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

fred: I found a google post from 4/2001 where Mark Bundick said the 1st 3 chapters had been re-written and the 4th was in progress......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I wanted to post here that I ordered the paper version and just received it in the mail...WOW. It is a bound paperback, with "slick" cover, like a college textbook. I figured it was a hardcopy of the pdf and would be a poor quality scanned manuscript. But it is a high-quality publication. Note the original hardcover was a photo-image of the original typewritten manuscript.

Total cost was $74, and the book arrived 7 days from time of order!

The errata sheet does not come with the book, but you can download it from

Now I have lots of bedtime reading to do...

Reply to
David Stribling

Glad to help.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Have fun slogging through the math!

Years ago I rederived the Fekskins-Malewicki equations described in Topics but did the full derivation(acceleration, velocity, altitude) throughout flight from launch to impact. Been very useful over the years for MR through mid-power for estimating delay times, peak altitude, and occasionally, terminal velocity and time to THUMP! All contained in an ancient programmable pocket calculator with non-volatile memory, along with triangulation formulas.

Don't need no laptop out in the desert...

+McG+
Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin

Post the code.