Mandell's errata sheet

Is there anywhere out in the wild blue yonder where I can find a scan of the errata sheet for "Topics in Advanced Model Rocketry" (Mandell et al.)???

If you know of one or can provide one, please speak up! :)

Reply to
Bill Bentley

I have a copy.

But scanning and emailing it would entail some work. Like a trip to Kinko's. And money. :-(

+McG+
Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin

Photocopy it and mail it to me and I will scan and post it. I damaged mine.

Bill me any costs.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That would be wonderful! There are many copies floating around without this tipped in (like the one I've borrowed from Georgia Tech)... and without it, certain things just don't come out right! ;)

Thanks... and please drop a line if you get that posted.

Reply to
Bill Bentley

Ah Jerome, this is good! By your own admission you have a scanner and a computer and a way/understanding to actually post images to your website! Great, now could you please post an unedited image of your inventory/warehouse clearly displaying a current Time Magazine in the image. I will pay for the Time Magazine, just bill me please. Jerome, we can lick your problem together!

Reply to
Word of Reason

A photocopy and a stamp I can handle. But I'd burn up ten bucks at Kinko's before I figured out how to use the scanner...

I have this feeling that some anonymous person will mail you a photocopy of the errata sheet early next week.... ;-)

That way if the authors object, they'll sue *you*, Jerry. ;-) As for me, I know nothing....nothing! Now where's my strudel?

+McG+
Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin

Dude, he was responding with an offer to help *me* and others with a specific issue (Mandell errata availability). Now, anybody who even bothers to skim this group knows that Jerry isn't winning many popularity contests with some people (presumably yourself included). But to take his offer to help me and twist it into an opportunity to snipe is just crass.

A couple of years ago, I followed the newsgroup here avidly, while I was with UROC out in SLC (where I met Dave Urbanek, who also used to follow r.m.r). I quit r.m.r because of the low signal-to-noise ratio caused by the vicious in-fighting, and have turned here now only to fill one specific need that I couldn't find with numerous Googlings.

I'm not here to attack or defend Jerry or anyone else. All that matters to me is finding a solution to this issue. Your tactless, off-topic insertion in this thread is unproductive and unwelcome. To coin a phrase, "butt out!"

Reply to
Bill Bentley

They can stand in line :)

I had permission to physically reprint the book till NAR claimed they would. NAR never did.

I have reprinted several non-rocket books since with great success. I would still reprint ATMR in its original beautiful state with the errata sheet included or perhaps even those equations and items physically edited!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ROFL

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ditto what he said

Reply to
Reece Talley

TAMR errata page is now on ABMR as a .pdf.

GC

Reply to
Gary Crowell / VCP

BTW, since the scan came out miserable, I just retyped the whole thing, so someone probably should scan the errata sheet for errors.

GC

Reply to
Gary Crowell / VCP

I will be happy to send a quality scan to anyone who would like a copy - just send an email request.

Bill - I sent you a copy - but it sounds like you may not have received it - let me know if you still need it.

TomF Remove the x's to reply

Reply to
fetchen

I sent Gary C's pdf to Bill.

Go ahead and send me the scan and I'll put it all on a website.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I got a copy of Gary C's PDF scan e-mailed to me, but the file was corrupted on arrival. Fetchen sent me a JPEG scan, and it got through just fine. Nice, high quality scan.

Someone might think about posting stuff like this prominently somewhere that can be indexed by major search engines.

Also (and I know I may be opening a can of worms with this), what does it take to post something to the r.m.r archive at ibiblio? Is there somebody responsible for maintaining that archive? The archive might be a useful place to put the errata sheet as well, so that: 1) it is closely tied to r.m.r for when this topic will inevitably arise again, and 2) so that public access to it will not be dependent on the whims of personal webpage maintainers and their ISPs. Just a thought, though I recognize it might be a dangerous one.

Thanks a metric butt-load, everybody! ;)

Reply to
Bill Bentley

If you retyped the thing, why not post it as ASCII instead of PDF?

Bob Kaplow

Mathtype in Word handled the symbols easily, and I didn't think anyone would care much for a .doc, so .pdf became the format of choice.

GC

Reply to
Gary Crowell / VCP

This thread leads me to ask the perennial question: when is the supposedly revised TiAMR going to be available? I just searched Google groups, and saw a thread where the new and improved version was in the works, and that half of the book should be "ready by NARAM" (1997 that is). Enquiring minds want to know!

Is the online version from MIT really $70? I couldn't find any info on ordering it on the DSpace website.

David Stribling But it _is_ rocket science! Get yer Barrowmans at Remove the to reply

David Stribling

David: the online version(?) can be purchased here:

serach on Title using the search word topics and then add it to the shopping cart.....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

cool! thanks. have you ordered either version? wonder if the errata sheet is included ;^) DS

[snip]
Reply to
David Stribling