Vendor appreciation alert: Superior Balsa

Gentlebeings...

If you ever find yourself in desparate need of something out of the ordinary in balsa or basswood, I can honestly recommend you contact Superior Balsa:

for my 5.5x Estes Streak project I needed a way to add leading and trailing edges to my 3/8th carbon / nomex honeycomb fins. Being basically lazy I sure didn't want to be sanding down a 3/8th square and wasn't crazy about trying to fill in around a 3/8th dowel.

Recalling my mis-spent youth building free flight (and later RC) airplanes I remembered that pre-shaped symetrical leading stock would be perfect. Except balsa would be too soft, prone to hanger rash and damage at touchdown.

Two emails and four days later, a box of 10 perfectly milled 3/8th symetrical BASSWOOD leading edges was on my door step this afternoon. AND, there are SEVEN additional pieces that they judged weren't perfect which they threw in at no charge ! The 'good' ones fit perfectly on the composite sandwich fin blanks, and even the 'bad' ones would have been acceptable with a little filler here and there.

Best of all...I was able to tell SWMBO "it was less than twenty dollars, Dear: :-)

It just doesn't get any better than this !

John

Reply to
John Bonnett

Ditto.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

They moved.

:-(

Reply to
Fred Shecter

For those of us who usually have them ship, it shouldn't matter much.

To the spoiled goes the inconvenience :)

NM IIRC

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yeah, but it was fun to go in there and select the exact weight(density), grain direction, etc.

-Fred Shecter

Reply to
Fred Shecter

You know where SIG is, don't you?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nope, Let me see if I can find them...

#1: SIG Manufacturing Co., Inc. P.O. Box 520

401-7 South Front Street Montezuma, IA 50171-0520

#2:

-Fred (OK, that last one was "ZIG") Shecter

Reply to
shreadvector

tee hee hee

Reply to