The 'its less than forty dollars' rocket

Building my 5.5x Estes Streak upscale for a Level-1 certification attempt this summer has caused a curious phenomon...I find myself frequently say to SWMBO "Its less than forty dollars".

Carbon/nomex honeycomb fin stock..."Its less than forty dollars"

Cesaroni Pro38 2g case..."Its less than forty dollars"

ScotGlas 4 inch Mosquito nosecone..."Its less than forty dollars"

36 inch parachute from Giant Leap Rocketry..."Its less than forty dollars"

Body tubes and centering rings..."Its less than forty dollars"

Pro38 H153 reload..."Its less than forty dollars"

Missile Works RRC2 altimeter..."Uh...we'll have to talk, Dear"

John

Reply to
John Bonnett

If SWMBO is giving you friction, trade her in for a model that flies - you won't regret it - OK maybe you might:))

Failing that, tell her it's your mid life crisis and it's way cheap compared to a convertible Vette....

Jerry O

Reply to
Who Cares

I could make a fortune on "train the woman" classes.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Take her with you shopping for a sailboat. That will make rockets look cheap...

Bob Kaplow

But she will WANT one of those, and YOU will be cleaning it regularly and paying to dock it.

All of a sudden, 152mm motors will look cheap.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

For your Level 2 cert rocket, the story will be "It's less than $100!" Good luck with your cert flight!

Reply to
Tad Danley

maybe you should get a women of your own to start with and then work your way up from there.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

-----snippage-----

No way ! Rockets are cold and hard and smell like APCP. She's soft and warm and smells like...

John

Reply to
John Bonnett

fish

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Like you did?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What's your source for that ;ittle tidbit? You have no first hand knowledge on the subject.

Reply to
Phil Stein