What is this motor?

I have posted some pics on a.b.m.r.ne pic is of a G125-10. I have also posted seperately the nozzle. Please you scions of rocketry, share your
knowledge. REACT!
--

PP
--------------------------------------

Any idea of the age? Is it AP or the 'classic' propellant? What is the difference between the 'classic' propellant and the stuff fthey use today?
--

PP
--------------------------------------
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Hello Reece,
20 of them?!?!?!? Goodness... :-)
I *think* the propellant is Blue Thunder. I asked once why a G125 was a G125 and not a G80 and somebody posted that the G125 uses a Bates grain.
Great little motor in a shortened Black Brant...
Andy
You are correct, it is Blue Thunder. I must have been thinking with my head up "U-Know-Where" when I rolled that one off my keyboard
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Reece,
Did you see the icture of the nozzle I posted on abmr? Doesn't look like an AT to me...
--

PP
--------------------------------------
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Reece Talley wrote:

In the mid to late 80's, AT used to make motors with graphite nozzles that were flush with the end of the motor (ie. They didn't stick out). These nozzles had a tendency to become unbonded from the epoxy when the motor quit thrusting. I miss those old AT motors. The only problem was that they were very hard to track because they were smokeless. AT had several different motors in each impulse range, that were very different from one another. They had the G10 all the way up to the G125, with several others in between. Daniel
DanF wrote:

I used to fly a lot of those, mainly the G125. Cool motor, and reliable. One nice thing about the smokeless motors was that I could mount a slo-mo camera under the launch pad, just slightly offset from the nozzle of the rocket, and get some really awesome liftoff shots.

Ray, why do you habitually violate the safety code?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hey dipstick, how does placing a camera under the launch pad violate the safety code?

On 26 Nov 2005 11:52:52 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

You need a waiver from Kodak...
Duh...
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

I am quite sure some here could find a NFPA violation or two in launching a camera.
--
Tweak

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:20:59 -0500, Tweak

Good point. Substantial metallic parts...
Boy Ray, are *you* ever in trouble!
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

A remotely controlled launch pad camera violates what rule? I hardly doubt that Ray would be sticking his nose in a viewfinder up the rear of a launching rocket. Ever hear of a cable or an electronic shutter release for a still or movie camera?
Kurt Savegnago

Kurt - go buy a sense of humor. 8-)
You want Buttkicker motors...or Loadlifters, as we used to call them at FSI? How about a G130, an H300, an I500 and a J555?
They're certified Contrail hybrids.
But of course we all know hybrids are wimpy motors.....
We are having a great time firing these and waiting for the shouts, "That was a HYBRID?" It always happens.
G-130?? Thats a bit slow if you ask me. What about a G-300? or J-800?
Incase you have a rocket that will handle 1000 Pounds of Peak Thrust the J-800 might be somewhere up your alley!
And Yes, all we make are hybrids. Tom Sanders Contrail Rockets
Actually, one individual has made G240s and G360s. I've flown them and they do kick A$$