What is this motor?

I have posted some pics on a.b.m.r.ne pic is of a G125-10. I have also posted seperately the nozzle. Please you scions of rocketry, share your knowledge. REACT!

Reply to
Pete Pemberton

AT used to make a whole series of non-standard motors. The G125 was one of them as was the butt-kicking 18mm F55.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Any idea of the age? Is it AP or the 'classic' propellant? What is the difference between the 'classic' propellant and the stuff fthey use today?

Reply to
Pete Pemberton

It could be as recent as two years ago. In 2002, I bought 20 of them from a guy that works at AT, Todd was his name I think. I forget exactly what I paid but I think it was about $12.00 ea. (RMR Auction) IIRC, the propellant is White Lightning, fast, smoke free and most definitely, AP

Reply to
Reece Talley

You want Buttkicker motors...or Loadlifters, as we used to call them at FSI? How about a G130, an H300, an I500 and a J555?

They're certified Contrail hybrids.

But of course we all know hybrids are wimpy motors.....

We are having a great time firing these and waiting for the shouts, "That was a HYBRID?" It always happens.

Reply to
pratthobbies

Hello Reece,

20 of them?!?!?!? Goodness... :-)

I *think* the propellant is Blue Thunder. I asked once why a G125 was a G125 and not a G80 and somebody posted that the G125 uses a Bates grain.

Great little motor in a shortened Black Brant...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

Reece,

Did you see the icture of the nozzle I posted on abmr? Doesn't look like an AT to me...

Reply to
Pete Pemberton

You are correct, it is Blue Thunder. I must have been thinking with my head up "U-Know-Where" when I rolled that one off my keyboard

Reply to
Reece Talley

The nozzle stumped me too. However, the nozzles may have varied over time. I have a very old F10 AT dating back to the late 80s that has a similar short nozzle.

Reply to
Reece Talley

In the mid to late 80's, AT used to make motors with graphite nozzles that were flush with the end of the motor (ie. They didn't stick out). These nozzles had a tendency to become unbonded from the epoxy when the motor quit thrusting. I miss those old AT motors. The only problem was that they were very hard to track because they were smokeless. AT had several different motors in each impulse range, that were very different from one another. They had the G10 all the way up to the G125, with several others in between. Daniel

Reply to
DanF

G-130?? Thats a bit slow if you ask me. What about a G-300? or J-800?

Incase you have a rocket that will handle 1000 Pounds of Peak Thrust the J-800 might be somewhere up your alley!

And Yes, all we make are hybrids. Tom Sanders Contrail Rockets

Reply to
Contrail Rockets

Actually, one individual has made G240s and G360s. I've flown them and they do kick A$$

Reply to
Reece Talley

AT used to have the G300, real kick motor.

Reply to
AlMax

I used to fly a lot of those, mainly the G125. Cool motor, and reliable. One nice thing about the smokeless motors was that I could mount a slo-mo camera under the launch pad, just slightly offset from the nozzle of the rocket, and get some really awesome liftoff shots.

Reply to
raydunakin

Ray, why do you habitually violate the safety code?

Reply to
Josephfromri

Hey dipstick, how does placing a camera under the launch pad violate the safety code?

=EF=A3=BF

Reply to
raydunakin

You need a waiver from Kodak...

Duh...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

I am quite sure some here could find a NFPA violation or two in launching a camera.

Reply to
Tweak

Good point. Substantial metallic parts...

Boy Ray, are *you* ever in trouble!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

A remotely controlled launch pad camera violates what rule? I hardly doubt that Ray would be sticking his nose in a viewfinder up the rear of a launching rocket. Ever hear of a cable or an electronic shutter release for a still or movie camera?

Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt