Who's the leadership of ARSA?

Just curious if there are elected officials and stuff like that.

Reply to
Nozzlehead

Noz, like no one can see through your ruse

how innocently you ask the question, eh?

but why spoil your fun?

find thread "ARSA info request for Izzy" started 2003-11-29 21:48:37 PST

and read the 376 postings there

come back and give us an executive summary, ok?

- iz

Nozzlehead wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

No ruse here. I wanted to find out who ran ARSA as I don't see it on the web site you mentioned. What ruse could I possibly be trying to pull?

If you're part of ARSA (are you?) then you've given me one reason to dump it right now.

Reply to
Nozzlehead

do the legwork, Noz'

find thread "ARSA info request for Izzy" started 2003-11-29 21:48:37 PST

I am a member, yes

but I'm really a nice guy once you get to know me ;)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

No. I'm already deleting the link to the ARSA site. It's not THAT interesting!

Reply to
Nozzlehead

ARSA has no visable/traceable leadership structure, that I can see on the web page, other than John Wickman. Now, I could be wrong..

I believe there are plans to change or develop a more transparent and visible leadership structure. Then again, I could be wrong about that also.

Right now, it appears ARSA is a centralized clearing house for information related to rocketry political/regulatory issues. I guess I could be wrong about that also..

Well, gota go to work; should be some interesting responses to this thread, when I open it up tonight(;-)

Fred

Nozzlehead wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Thank god!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Give these guys a break, please...? ARSA is a pinky-new organization, that hasn't had enough time to develop its' organizational structure enough to have such niceties as elected officials. At a glance, I'd call Mr. Wickman the Provisional President... since there are no membership fees, there's no need for a treasurer. Iz would be spokesman (since he's the most vocal of the group...) Other positions to be determined as time passes...

Out of curiosity - how long did it take TRA to go from a small group of disgruntled NAR-defectors to the current form? More than mere months, I would suspect. ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Then why not give the simple answer?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Do you only ask leading questons or do you provide any information or identification or cites AT ALL?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

YEARS till the very first motor was tested and that was #1 on the (public) agenda!

#1 on the secret agenda was collect money and let the leaders spend it on pet projects and travel.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This was all I was looking for. Thanks for the response.

Reply to
Nozzlehead

And you're mad because you lacked the leadership skills to be a part of it? You sound JEALOUS.

Reply to
Nozzlehead

I raised money for a test stand by represting to my FRIENDS this Tripoli thing looks good, let's all pitch in. We gave the money to TRA (Blazanin). Roughly $1500 on each of three occasions and other clubs in other areas did as well including FL.

No test stand, no tax, receipts, no feedbaxck.

Jealous? Nope. Angry? Disappointed? Yes. The whole point was to test motors 2+ years earlier than they finally were, so people could learn sooner Aerotech was overstating power by 20%.

If you were anywhere near there at that time as I suspect you might have been, YOUR money also went down a rathole.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Just FYI, I have *no* affiliation with ARSA. My opinions and information should be taken with this in mind. For all I know, I could be TOTALLY wrong. ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Jerry, do you have canceled checks or receipts or third party confirmation of this?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, What i said was, "Jerry, do you have canceled checks or receipts or third party confirmation of this?"

So, Do you?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

No you were right the above time.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Let's see your third party confirmation.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis