Woody Stanford Where are you?????

Has anyone out there in rocketland had any communications with Woody Stanford who advertizes rocket parts on his webpage? I have an unfilled order that I placed on Aug 7 and cannot seem to get any answer to my emails. From the records I see from the archives I guess I am not the only one. Is he dishonest or just a very bad businessman? Would like to get a refund or my items. Or at least help somone else from getting ripped off. Please contact me offline. Thanks Don Smith snipped-for-privacy@innercite.com

Reply to
Don Smith

I take it you didn't browse the message boards?

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

There is some additional information about Woody in the "Vendors" section of "The Rocketry Forum"

Scott Sager

I ordered some of his sugar G motors around the end of July. Got email from him discussing my order right away, but haven't yet received it or heard anything since.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jeeeeezuh whiz.....

Maybe we could take up a collection and send him some gruntles?

Reply to
BB

was told the motors might take a few months to ship, depending on demand and supply, Le

Reply to
LeRoycom

????

gruntle

\Grun"tle\, v. i. [Freq. of grunt.] To grunt; to grunt repeatedly. [Obs.]

This "New English" always gets me confused...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Forgive me Joel but I am not sure of what you are implying. I did go through his site and found that he had problems in 2001. I did not see any new posts for 2003 that might indicate that he was still having a problem. So what are you saying that I missed?

Reply to
Don Smith

"send him some gruntles", as in, he seems disgruntled....

Reply to
BB

Thank you Scott I will do a little followup myself. Thanks again Don

Reply to
Don Smith

What need I imply,... I take it you STILL didn't browse the message boards?

He says he DELETED all the feedback on 6/2003. But then: Eirik Petersen says: (Posted 06/27/2003) David Massey says: (Posted 07/11/2003) Robert Pierce says: (Posted 08/27/2003)

That indicates he has problems in 2003, not 2001. You didn't order until August 7, no?

Joel. phx

Any time anyone has asked about his site, I've posted the link to the message boards. A deja search should have turned up some not so favorable comments. I haven't posted comments as I've never ordered from him, but I do scan the boards now and again.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I ordered his free nichrome months (years?) ago, and never got anything. Except for an investment spam email a couple months ago.

Bob Kaplow

Identical experience, except when I emailed him with a reminder about the missing NC wire, there was no response. Later, I received several spam advertisements and a couple of snail mailings. His email has been in my kill file for at least a year. I would love a face to face with this toad; no violence, just for the learning experience(;-).

Fred

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Except for an investment spam email a couple months ago.

Reply to
WallaceF

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Except for an investment spam email a couple months ago.

Reply to
WallaceF

Hmmm... when the question came up on RMR last summer, I did some poking around on the message forum on his site (which he as apparently since taken down due to all the negative comments)... apparently the original problem (summer '01?) was that he was laid up with some sort of medical problem that had him effectively "out of it" for a number of weeks, unable to communicate or do much else, during which time a lot of folks got impatient and went ahead and had their banks reverse the credit card transactions for stuff they had on order... and when he got back on his feet he found that he had a bunch of product he couldn't afford to ship, because the people who had it on order had pulled their money back, and the credit card system had nailed him for a bunch of "reversed transaction" charges, leaving a huge hole in his cash position.

The impression I got was that he's had his tail caught in a crack trying to play catch-up ever since...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

May be as you say... However, he could of sent an email, explaining what happened, after the fact. Seems he had no trouble sending his apam, after the fact!!

Fred W

David We> Hmmm... when the question came up on RMR last summer, I did some poking

Reply to
WallaceF