1/32 ohka

i got my ohka from mike today and it looks really good. any good guides for first time resin builders?

Did Mike supply a suggestion as to what to use to clean the parts? Some of those mould release agents are tenacious. Otherwise, I'd recommend sanding outside to keep the resin dust from floating around your domicile (and your lungs).

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

now he didn't and i will!

who, what where did you find a 1/32 Ohka? Only I've ever seen was with the 1/72 Betty bomber I built probably way back in 1974....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

lone star models

Hawk had one out in a set with an Fi 103. I don't know how accurate they were but I've seen built ones with little plastic 'fires' inserted in the exhausts.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

the shape is right. you need to scratch an interior and detail the sight. it isn't bad, but how hard can you screw up something that simple?

Sounds like fun, a simple project with a rewarding finish. BTW, Mike West tells me that there is no mould release on his pieces so all you'll have to wash off are your own fingerprints.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

it looks like fun. i'm practicing on the testor's. any idea on interior color?

-snip-

First Naval Air Technical Arsenal (Yokosuka) and First Naval Air Arsenal (Kasumigura)

Approximately 155 built by Yokosuka and about 600 built by Kasummiguara.

I've no idea on the interior cockpit colors - I'd be inclined to guess natural metal; after all, the things weren't intended to last long and corrosion wouldn't be a real problem.

On the other hand, the couple of black & white photos I've been able to locate on the net seem to indicate that unpainted metal wouldn't be correct and that the interiors seem to be finished with a paint quite similar in tone at least to the exterior color.

Who knows? Maybe someone could slip pass the ropes and check out the cockpit of the one at the NASM?

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

I'd guess that might be dependent on the manufacturer and I don't know who built them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

yeah, someone! i know they are painted for the same reasons you do. i saw a beautiful balck and white and it had paint. the pink trainer had a black interior and the jet was green...

I think the Hawk kit was closer to 1/40 than 1/32.

Not TOO bad, IIRC, except for the strange scale.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

RAF Cosford's Ohka, captured 1st April 1945, can be seen here:

Hopefully of some help.

flak monkey

best help yet, buddy. thanks!