Academy Parts?

It was necessary for me to put my 1/72 Academy P-51 Mustang "North Africa" on the "back burner" for a month. Now that I want to finish it, I've evidently lost the cannon barrels. Does anyone know if it's possible to order/purchase replacement parts for Academy kits?

From what I've found on the web, it doesn't appear as such.

Please reply at: snipped-for-privacy@midsouth.rr.com

TIA,

-- Joe Vincent IPMS*Memphis

Reply to
Joe Vincent

You can try emailing them at snipped-for-privacy@academy.co.kr but if you still have at least one of the guns I can help you out. I have three left over from the kit I robbed to replace the gun *I* lost from the kit I just finished... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Nah, just a case of 'tweezer twang'... ;-p

BTW, I posted pics of my F-6A to ABMS earlier today.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

It sounds like a conspiracy......;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

You need to go through Model Rectifier Corporation, not the Academy Korea site.

They replaced a 1/35 Blackhawk fuselage part for me last year.(box was punctured) They requested that I mail the UPC barcode from the box along with the request to prove that I had the kit...It took about eight weeks but I got the replacement, free of charge.

Sat

Reply to
Saturn S. Padua

I've never had any success with MRC but Academy has sent me replacement parts a couple of times.

Reply to
Al Superczynski