Aeromaster Question: B-24 Liberators over Europe Pt. II

Hello All, I just got a copy of Aeromaster 72-114: B-24 Liberators over Europe Pt. II, and have found that the national insignia markings are a very weird brightish blue shade (rather than the standard navy blue color, they are more like a rich mid-tone blue). Has anyone else found this? I'm just wondering if I got an odd sheet, or if the entire run of this sheet has the weird blue national insignias. I know that I could just replace the insignias with others from my spares box, but I'm wondering if the blues for the other items on the decal sheet are also off (i.e. noseart, etc).

Reply to
Pauli G

I think they're prototype. I've seen some like that on Microscale sheets and some B&W pictures that show a faded blue surrounding the star, usually with a darker ring around the edge.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

"If God wanted us to fly, we'd have been born with a bag of nuts." - Pinky

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Pauli:

FWIW For several months in 1943 the U.S. star and bar insignia were painted with a red outline. When that was stopped due to complaints from the Pacific commands, existing insignia were revised with the red being overpainted with insignia blue. What happened was the original insignia blue of the star field had faded, and when they overpainted the red outline with fresh insignia blue they ended up looking as you see them in the sheet. I have seen this on Corsairs and Hellcats too.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

"i think so brain, but it's your turn to put the tutu on the chimp."

-pinky