Air: Oxygen hose?

My wife just removed the wiring from an old electric blanket before passing it on to a local charity. Since the controller didn't work, there was no need for the wiring. Being the curious sort, I took a piece of the heating wire and stripped it to the copper element and lo, there was a very nice coil of fine copper wire around a flexible center. It's just about right for

1/48. It could be a bit tighter coil but still it's not bad and I've got about 40 feet of it!

BTW, that flexible center of the coil is flameable so if you want to remove it, just pass it through a flame.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Wound guitar string make great O2 hose, too.

Reply to
Rufus

and e strings rig up nice.

I got a blanket where only one size works (king size.) What would your wife charge to fix it? tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I got a blanket where only one side works (king size.) What would your wife charge to fix it? tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m12.aol.com, Keeper at snipped-for-privacy@aol.comedy wrote on 12/8/04 7:09 AM:

When my wife gets through with it, all you have is a plain old cloth blanket. The wiring is easy to remove.

(But why bother; you only use one side of the blanket at a time. : )

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

in article sDttd.153757$V41.75857@attbi_s52, Rufus at snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com wrote on 12/7/04 8:26 PM:

I've done that...and light bulb filaments too. But this electric heating coil is really flexible and I hated to just throw it in the trash before looking into the possibilities.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Have to agree - sometimes the best stuff is the stuff you just "find".

Reply to
Rufus

Oh, well! I was hoping Muffy could stay warm too when she spends the night. I guess she'll just have to cuddle. 8^) Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Hey Keeper: In the words of the old Irish philosophers: "Keep a thing for seven years and you'll find a use for it." You'll be having a small Christmas present coming, in the next week or so (as soon as I can get to the Post Office). Nothing much, just a small addition to your crapatorium....

The Old Timer

If you 'strip' all the 'wire' from muffy, she's much more cuddly.

Reply to
John DeBoo

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m14.aol.com, Keeper at snipped-for-privacy@aol.comedy wrote on 12/8/04 11:48 PM:

That's what we did before electric blankets. And the electric blanket was progress! ...only if you slept alone.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

I guess that qualifies most things here!

Why thank you!

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper