Nichrome wire

I have some nichrome wire available for cutting foam, etc. Gauges 19 up to 30 gauge. I have spools of this nichrome wire, so if any one needs some for foam cutting, lemme know, K? I could sell it really cheap. Thanks, Ren

Reply to
rentiki

Wow.....nichrome wire and the first generation of Estes rockets! A tiny wad of toilet paper, a ballpoint pen and off she went. Maybe.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, rentiki at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 4/23/04 7:11 PM:

Not sure of the gauge but would this work in re-wiring an old Mattel vac-form machine?

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Are you referring to the general wiring or the "hot plate?" Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m07.aol.com, Keeper at snipped-for-privacy@aol.comedy wrote on 4/24/04 10:22 AM:

Yes.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Hi Quite possibly though I'm not familiar with this unit. Is the wiring in the heating element straight or is it tightly coiled? How much total length of wire do you need? Can you measure the diameter of the wire with a mic or a pair of calipers? Renay

Reply to
rentiki

That was real clear? My cord says "type hpn heater cord 300 volts." Looks to be around 14 guage but I'm sure if you took a chunk of it to the hardware store they'd hook you up.

As to the "hot plate" I've never had one apart. Is yours a grid of bare wire?

hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m12.aol.com, Keeper at snipped-for-privacy@aol.comedy wrote on 4/28/04 7:33 AM:

I don't nichrome would work very well for anything but the hot plate. My Mattel vac form machine is in good shape but I've seen several for sale that had a dead hot plate. I've not had mine apart to see what gauge wire it uses. It was just a suggestion for a use for the wire the original post referred to.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell