cable connector wire question

Hello,
I've been having a hard time locating this and was wondering if anyone knew where I might find one....
I need a connector that can accept 72 30AWG wires. Most connectors
that I have been finding don't take wires that are this small, and the ones that do can't handle 72 of them.... does anyone know of any place that makes connectors that can do this? I wanted circular but am willing to take whatever, d-sub or whatever.... some kind of circular one would be preferred
much thanks J.
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:44:23 -0700 (PDT), panfilero

--
http://www.ittcannon.com/product.aspx?id=1874

JF

John Fields wrote:

Remarkable. Not cheap I'll fancy. Bet you'll need a fancy crimp tool for that size as well.
Graham

Much Thanks JF, that should do the trick. Appreciate it.

In my organ, I use two 37 pin sub-D connectors for a total of 74 connection on each rank. They are cheap and readily available and can handle several amps per connection. I use the solder cup versions, not crimp, gold plated. Most wires are 24 gauge some are 26 and some are 30 gauge. Being soldered they will accept any wire size to 22 gauge. These connectors are available in all sorts of configurations, chassis mount, cable mount, locking, right angle, etc. etc.
Bob Eld wrote:

Invaluable little beasts aren't they ? I've used them for all sorts and some types can even be found in IDC style.
Graham