sub-connectors in flat harness.

I have designated a connector in my 3D harness, and have designated the pins of the connector as sub-connectors. I have modified the parameters of the connector to call up the sub connector entry ports against its pin numbers.

Now when I lay out the flat harness, I can attach the wires to the pins (sub-connectors) but cannot assemble the connector.

What am I doing wrong?

Reply to
dakeb

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

David,

Harness doesn't work like that. Connectors have to be assembled to the harness in 3D before you ever get to the flat harness stage. Then the connector can automatically or manually 'assemble' (really display) only on the proper wires. so if you attach the wire to, say, a D-type connector, the connector will show up in the flat harness. If you attach the wires to the pins the pins will show up in the flat harness.

Apparently, what I have to do to get both pins and connector to show up is assemble the pins to the connector to make a connector sub-assembly and assemble that into my 3D cable assembly. I wanted to avoid that because I wanted both the connector and the pins to show up in the assembly at the same BOM level, for they are ordered separately. They are assembled wire to pin, then pin to connector. Looks like I will have to fudge the BOM with recursive levels.

Regards,

David

Reply to
dakeb