airfrog

i was given some partial kits. looks like i can make a me 110 nightfighter form a frog and airfix. anyone done that?

Two different animals; the Airfix is a C/D and the Frog is a G. You could kitbash them and make a fantasy aircraft. If you're not missing too many pieces you might be able to get parts for the Frog from Revell AG. Don't know if Airfix has the parts for theirs, it may be out of production. Now if you want to stick to the G you'll definitely need the engines and the nose from the Frog kit and hopefully the vertical stabilizers although I can't remember if Frog captured the enlarged rudders. The canopy is also an issue but barely noticable in that scale. Most everything else is interchangable. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

i'm trying for a g. thanks.

Nose, engine/props from the Frog kit are your first consideration. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

yeah, those i have. the lack os glass for the airfix. i love the airfix he 111, too, and also have no glass. i have 10-15 old built partial kits and i hope to get 5 good models. the rest might be good for a reichlin july 45 dio. pretty ease to boneyard a bitsa.

It's been quite a while now, but I seem to recall the UK mag Scale Models (before it became SM International) in the late 80's/ early 90's did several survey articles by Peter Fearon of various kits available for aircraft such as the P47 and Zero. I seem to recall that in one of them, the Airfix Bf110 was poorly rated due to some major shape inaccuracies. I'm not a fan of the plane, so I didn't take too much notice. But it maybe worth doing a search for a correction article if there is one before investing too much time and effort in a build, if you care about such things. Chek

Reply to
Chek

i'm using the frog airframe and airfix details..but thanks.

I built one of those Airfix 110s just because a while back and it was very difficult to make it come out well. I doubt it's accurate as well. It certainly looks better than the first one I built in '64.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

it's practice for me.