[Arm] Revell T-34 (1/34)

Whilst perusing my small collection of unbuilt kits (which has been in
storage for some time) I came across this one that I purchased at a
flea market somewhere a few years back. It's a 1995 re-issue of a
1958 original: the 1/34th scale (1/34? I suppose it made sense at the
time ...) "T-34". No, no model number, but the hexagonal turret makes
me think it's likely an M43. At least vaguely.
Now, I may be being prejudicial, but I have a suspicion that this may
not be the world's most accurate kit of a T-34 . Any resources out
there (specific to this kit, I mean) that may be of assistance in
making something worthhile from it? Or should I just give up on that
dream and build it as a "toy"?
Bruce Probst
Melbourne, Australia
Reply to
Bruce Probst
Bruce,
It's supposed to be a T-34-85 and as such was fair for the time. But it is in 1/40th scale and well past prime time.
Build it as an office mascot, as it's not close to much of a real T-34-85.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
Crumbs. Ah well, I'll see what I can do ... thanks!
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Probst
the brand name would help a lot...
Yes. That's why I put it right there in the subject line ... it's a Revell.
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Probst
You know I was puzzling over this statement for a while. I thought the kit instructions clearly state 1" = 34" as the scale, i.e., 1/34. After doing some more digging I realise that what they actually say is 1" = 3'4", i.e., 1" = 40", or 1/40, just as you say. D'oh!
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Probst