T-34

Which model of T-34/76 should I chose? Zviezda, Tamiya or ...? Which is the best and more acurate?

jw73

jw73

Wait for the new Dragon kit. It should be out relatively soon.

Dan

Reply to
DNSH

There is an excellent build article in the latest Fine Scale on the Tamiya T-34.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

Bang for buck is the Italeri/Zvezda T-34-76 Model 1943, Italeri Kit number 282. Despite it being a Model '42 T-34, it's a good, very buildable, and accurate kit. It's just not a 1943 Production vehicle as advertised, which I guess could be a ping on accuracy, but it is accurate for the 1942 build so hey it is accurate...sort of. Costs about

18 bucks, or maybe even cheaper if someone's cleaning their closet for the DML release.

Maquette makes a couple -76 variants, but I can't comment on them because I haven't built them.

Buildability goes to Tamiya, but not very accurate at all. The rear end angles are way off because it used to be a motorized kit, a fact that becomes evident when placed up against the Italeri/Zvezda offering. Not very cost effective either because they insist on charging people 25 to

40 dollars for their T-34's depending on the model. Considering that the Dragon kit will probably go for 30-35, the Tamiya kit really should discounted considerably.

The DML kits should be excellent if they're anything like the T-34-85 series they have. We'll see.

Just glad to have some good choices now...

Reply to
Steve