Armor: How to create zimmerit

I would like to know how to go about creating zimmerit on a tank model. I was thinking of using 2 part epoxy (plumbers) putty, but it dries hard and I wanted to chip some off. The other option was going with filler putty, but since it bonds to styrene, I can't conceivably picture how to chip it.

Reply to
mando.villarreal

This question gets asked every week or two on the bigger armor websites. Just go to armorama.com or track-link.net and do a search for zimmerit. You'll find many bulletin board posts and even tutorial articles. Epoxy putty actually works very well. It can be chipped after it hardens with a craft knife, or you can do the damage while it is still setting up. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Gerald Owens