Aurora Wonder Woman

Anybody know the value price of an Aurora Wonder Woman, new in the box?

Reply to
Sam

Saw one at a show in 2002 (NNL West) for $450.00 and it sold. However, there are rumors of its impending re-release.............

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Yes and they are just rumors. I do not believe Polar Lights announced this officially. Anyway I would say the WW is at least worth 500.00

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Thanks for the info. The Wonder Woman molds were destroyed in an accident along with several others years ago, so a new release would be a new mold. I haven't kept up with models for many years and trying to catch up and digging out old kits I doubt I will get around to building but setting aside the ones I would like to build and going to sell the rest. Let someone who appreciates them buy them so they can collect dust on their shelves for a few years and be dug out again and reminisce about and resell again.

Reply to
Sam

Yes. They would use a mint original kit as a master to make a new mold, I'm sure. I never heard that the WW mold was destroyed until now. There seems to be some confusion as to what still exists and what was trashed, AND what was destoyed in the now-legendary train wreck.

Wait to see if the WW gets re-issued for 2004-2005. It would be a bummer to build an original if this were to happen. The re-tooled kits PL does are pretty close (except for the Spiderman and Hulk). IMHO, of course. (there is ALSO a rumor about the Penguin). I have heard this from more than one source.

Have fun.

-John

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

If WW was lost then they would reverse engineer a mold from a pristine kit. They have reverse molded the LIS robot and Spindrift that I know of. They also reverse engineered the Batplane and the kit they reverse engineered from had warped wings! No one knew it and they molded the kit with the wings featuring the built in warp (DOH!) The retooled kits are exactly as the Aurora originals except where PL tweaks them and tries to improve upon them. Like the Bride of Frankie has the lab stuff molded in clear. The only difference with the Hulk and Spiderman is they scaled them up to 1/6th scale to be more in line with figure kits being made today. So while they are exact they are bigger so not 100% true to the original. I buy everything Polar makes. I was a kid when these kits were on the Hobby shop shelves and never bought them. I instead spent my money on airplanes. I almost second mortgaged the house when I wanted to get a LIS robot. Then along come Polar and I buy them all day long for 16.00! Thanks to Polar alot of nostalgia is being realized without selling my soul to obtain these kits.

Maybe you should wait to see if Polar reissues the WW. It would be kind of ashame to build an original and then they release one. Go to the Polar Lights website and go to the forum. Ask about it's possible release there. Dave Metzner is Polars development manager and he hangs out on the board.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant