Avenger II - JZ490

Dug out the AM Avenger I started building 4 years ago, intending to use
Aeromaster decal sheet for FAA Avenger II serial JZ490, for no better reason
than I like aircraft with invasion stripes.
I know there is some question as to the exact cabin configuration of FAA
Avengers, but I have a Kendall TBM-1 conversion set which includes the
second crew station, so that should at least provide the bare bones for that
area. What I am more concerned about is whether JZ490 should be built as a
TBM-1 or a TBM-1C, as according to what I've found online, both types were
designated Avenger II in the FAA.
Not major work either way, which would make getting it wrong all the more
frustrating.......
Any help appreciated,
Cheers,
Bil.

Bill Davies
Actually, that is a bit of work. Meteor offers a .30 cal cowl gun for the AM kit. I'll stick with the Monogram kit if I want a -1. If you've got a photo of this beast look for the wing guns (typical hole) that would signify the -1C and a pleasant building experience. hth
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
JZ490 was a TBM-1C from a batch JZ301-634. Source: J.M.Bruce, "British Military Aircraft Serials, 1911-1979," Cambridge, England, Patrick Stephens, 1979.
Mark Schynert
Reply to
Mark Schynert
Thanks Mark, I knew someone would have the information! That makes the job more straightforward, though still a bit of thought for the interior, Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies