Big Frankie

gasolinealley.com has one for $3750.00.

just amazing...

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I saw that! There's a tic in the back of my mind where I think I overheard it was going to be re-issued by Polar Lights. Of course, with RCErtl's purchase of PL I doubt that will happen. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

When was Big Frankie ever a rumored release? I don't think I ever heard that and I lurk on the PL board. There is a guy there that is always crying for it to be re-popped, but that I think is a running gag. Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
M Bryant

IIRC there was a built up at Toledo in the last year or two. During the yak with fellow fans of the model I heard about a possible re-issue. Whether this was true or not I didn't bother to ferret out.

I saw the model once when it was originally released. Must have been too much money for me to buy 'cause it's not in my collection. The mold is probably a wreck because it's never been re-issued; look how many times Mono has re-popped the smaller monsters. Another grail lost,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I know someone cast a Big Frankie in resin from an original. This is not a case of PL repopping the styrene monster :-(

Cheers, Max B.

Reply to
M Bryant

There is currently, or at least recently, a pre-painted japanese copy of Big Frankie available for around $150, in vinyl. I'm not sure where but I believe Steve "CultTVMan" Iverson's website has photos.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

has an original for $

Reply to
PrksKtKt

At the moment Polar Lights has no plans to re-do the Big Frankie Aurora kit. There have been varios copies of the kit made by by various individuals, but Aurora, or Polar Lights, if you will, still owns the rights to it. So, any copy will be unlicensed. In the mean time, Polar Lights has been bought by AMT/ERTL for their Johnny Lightning line. What happens to the Model Kit line is still undertermined. This will determine the fate of the Big Frankie, and other reissue Aurora kits, (Capt. America, Wonder Woman, ect)

Sincerely

-------James Whitman Kitkong's Model Mansion

Kitkong

Probably either:

A) The same thing that happened to the original Aurora molds: sold to another company; a few saved, the rest destroyed -- and we'll have to wait another 30 years for an injected "Seaview" kit...

B) Some molds go to a small start-up while the rest go to a European company.

Deja vu all over again...

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

All Aurora molds, intellectual property, etc. are owned by Monogram-Revell. Polar Lights production is under license which will probably come to a screeching halt now that they are owned by Racing Chumpions. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

AMT/ERTL bought Polar Lights. They wanted it for their Johnny Lightning Diecast line. I have not heard of any plans to cease the model kit line. Polar Lights still plans to release the new, larger, slightly altered, repro version of the Aurora Captain America. Other than that, Who knows.

------James Whitman Kitkong's Model Mansion

Kitkong

On that day, I shall mourn.

Reply to